Really Advanced Setup

Is there any way that a starting map generated by this mod can be played without having the mod? I want to use it for the DCL but when I try to load unmodded it says that the mod is needed. I don't understand why, since it's just about map scripts.

It's been a while since I set that up and I don't remember the details why. I think I was having some problems with the way saved games are handled. This mod needs to save some data to the save game file so that it only adds things that require a city one time (like air units).

If you want this mod to save games that do not require the mod I think it can be done by editing a text type file (but I haven't actually tied it).

If you want to try it:

Make sure Civ5 is not running then open the Civ5 mod folder that's probably located at "Documents\My Games\MODS".

Open the file "Really Advanced Setup (v xx).modinfo" (xx = the current version number of the mod) in a text editor and change "<AffectsSavedGames>1</AffectsSavedGames>" to "<AffectsSavedGames>0</AffectsSavedGames>".

If that works the way I expect it to work. Any games saved AFTER this is done will not require the mod.

Please remember. If you want the mod to add things like air units and trade ships you have to let all players build there first city before saving the game and then loading it without the mod.

Just stumbled across this mod and was looking to set it up so certain civilizations are at constant war while others you can make war and peace with.
The option permanent war or peace option would be nice, but where do you select who is at war and peace?

I have done a little experimenting and found that if a civ is on the same team as you they are peaceful, but you cannot trade with them or even talk to them. Like wise with a civ that you are constantly at war with.

This also raises the notion that city states are also in a constant state of war against you as well.
I was wondering if I had missed something or if I am attempting to use this feature in a different way than it was planned.

Main question is, Is there a way to set who you are constantly at war with and others who you have the option of peace or war with?

Thanks for mentioning that. When I added those options I thought about it but never got around to doing it. I'll add it to my list. Then if I release a new version I'll try to make sure and add the ability to control who is at war with who when the game starts.

Hey General Tso,

I was just wondering where the location of the code/functions that does the actual placement (and if applicable, check of the terrain) of luxury/bonus/strategic resources is placed in your LUA files? I would like to implement a quick check to make sure there is no ice before plopping down sea resources (as that would be easier than forcing a check in the DLL for workboats to enter the ice..... :lol:)

EDIT: Nvm, found it & fixed it :)

Thanks for the mod, it's great but the whole map panel is broke for me. The map and map size are blank and the sliders at the bottom don't change anything for me. Which sucks, but even without that panel there's so much fun to be had with everything else.

Glad you like it. That problem is probably caused by either a mod conflict or a corrupted cache.

To clear the Civ 5 cache:
1. Make sure you exit Civ 5.
2. Find the Civ 5 cache folder.
It's location might vary slightly depending on what operating system you have.
Mine is located at: "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache".
3. Delete the cache folder.
4. Restart Civ 5 and load the mod in the usual fashion. Civ 5 will automatically recreate the cache.

If the problem still exists and you are using other mods thy disabling everything but this mod. If it works than you can start re-enabling the other mods until you find the conflict.

Thanks for the mod. I'm very excited to try it! I have a question though about the Resources options (sorry if the answer is obvious, I'm probably missing something).

Do the resource screens allow you to grant additional resources on top of what the game automatically generates? Or do you have to use this to set everything yourself? I ask because every time I start a map without having made any change to the resource settings, my settler begins near two stone tiles and nothing else - no luxuries, fish, wheat, etc. in sight.

I'm basically looking to have mostly normal start to my game, with only a few tweaks such as active civs and starting location, and don't really want to over or underpower the world's resource balance since I have no idea how many of each resource is normal. What would be the best settings for this?

Thanks for any help!

Almost all of the changes done by this mod are done after the map is created. That includes resources. So the game creates the map first then my mod modifies the map.

Here's how things work with resources:

1. The game creates the map and in the process creates the default resources.

2. My mod will try to implement any terrain changes that you specify in the two terrain lists. Any tile that has it's terrain changed will be cleared of resources. This should probably be improved so that the missing resources are recreated nearby on the map but I haven't gotten around to doing it.

3. My mod will try to add any natural wonders that you specify in the two wonder lists. Whenever a natural wonder is placed it's possible that one or more resources may be removed in the immediate area. I believe that this usually only changes a small amount of resources.

4. My mod will try to add any resources specified in the two resource lists. This code does not over write existing resources.

Hi... I was wondering, do you have a manual or guide for using your mod? Pretty cool mod, but I have to admit, all of the options are a bit overwhelming. :crazyeye:

I've been trying to use this MOD, but I'm having problems. I have tried the following:

• Disable ALL MODS
  • Exit the game
  • Verify the game files through steam
  • Delete the cache folder
  • Restart the game
  • Enable only this MOD
  • Continue to setup a new game
  • select the advanced setup button. . .

. . . and the active civilizations list is empty.

I checked the LUA.log file and found this:

Spoiler :
[108810.369] AdvancedSetup: (Really Advanced Setup) Version: 13 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[108810.400] Runtime Error: Failed to iterate table due to query error. Check Database.log for more details.

I don't know what the problem is in the database.log file.

I would appreciate it greatly if someone could take a look and give me some direction towards resolving this matter. I am using the Enhanced User Interface DLC MOD, if that matters.

Attachments

• Database.log.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Lua.log.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 109
@Troburne: Sorry no guide. I know this mod needs one but I never got around to it. The best suggestion for understanding how to add items to the map is to look at the list where you add the items while the list is empty. When a list is empty, help text appears where the list would normally be. This is true for all ten lists.

Here's a brief summary: Use the player bonus panel to add items to the map around any player's starting location. Use the map bonus panel to add items that are randomly placed around the entire map.

There is also help text available for many many items when you hover the pointer over them. With some items the help text only appears when hovering over the text label rather than the actual item.

If you have any other questions. I'll try to answer them.

@iamdanno: It looks like you are either using an older version of the game or you have some corrupted data.

Just to get this out of the way - if you are using an older version of the game - you need to update.

It looks like there are still other mods running...

I noticed in the Lua log that the EUI option menu mod is running.

In the Database log there is an error from the Perfect World mod.

One of the active mods might be causing problems.

Other than that you could try deleting this mod's database file and see if that helps. (The mod will rebuild it when it's started next time.) The database file is located at "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData\GTAS_AdvancedSetupMod-13.db"

If you try deleting the database file, I recommend that you delete the cache folder at the same time.

@iamdanno: It looks like you are either using an older version of the game or you have some corrupted data.

Just to get this out of the way - if you are using an older version of the game - you need to update.

It looks like there are still other mods running...

I noticed in the Lua log that the EUI option menu mod is running.

In the Database log there is an error from the Perfect World mod.

One of the active mods might be causing problems.

Other than that you could try deleting this mod's database file and see if that helps. (The mod will rebuild it when it's started next time.) The database file is located at "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData\GTAS_AdvancedSetupMod-13.db"

If you try deleting the database file, I recommend that you delete the cache folder at the same time.

The game is updated automatically by Steam, so it should be the latest version. I will try deleting the MOD database file and deleting the cache folder again.

Thank you.

I know it says that the mod is supposed to work with Beyond Earth but i simply cant get it to.
I tried it as the .civ5mod and then it didnt show up at all. Any ideas?

How on Earth would it work with Beyond Earth?

Really Advanced Setup

This mod includes all of the standard options normally found in the Advanced Setup screen. It also adds new features which allow you to modify game play significantly. Works with Brave New World and all earlier versions of the game.

Sorry Zerify. This mod doesn't work with Beyond Earth.

Thanks for clearing that up DoctorMcGann. I'll add a note about Beyond Earth to the first post.

I've been using this for some time, and few oddities seem to pop up every few games. Worth nothing that I'm using it quite liberally, sprinkling extra wonders, resources and even features a bit on map.

Dummy luxuries. Occassionally I get a luxury that increases the tile yield, I can improve it, but it doesn't actually work as luxury resource-doesn't show as happiness increase, can't trade it away but can still trade it from AI like I don't own it.
Inexistant natural wonders. The popup when discovering NW says there are still wonders left to find, CS ask me to find them, but there are none-I have entire map explored.
One game, I used the features to expand coastal area around my starting position (used fill with water to land turned off, so it just overwrote all ocean tiles), and one tile was unworkable and borders couldn't expand there (not even with buy) despite it being coast, and my galleases could go there.

I'll try to find some related saves if you want, but I doubt there are any right now.

Anyway, speaking about the coasts...do you think you could make an option to expand coastal areas to 2 or 3 tiles width? It would be really great, with one tile coasts naval combat and exploration before Caravels and Frigates is really not fun.

Oh, one more thing. Sprinkling some strategic resources around often result in those being just 1 in quantity.

Top Bottom