A Mod of Ice and Fire

I don't think this is the best forum, but only because anybody with the ability to fix it will probably already be in the mod forum.

Personally, I never could get the mod to run, but I've been having a lot of problems getting mods to run without freezing right at start lately, so I'm not a fair judge.

Personally I think its one of the best Game of Thrones conversions out today. The Total war one feels very clunky and a bit too militaristic.

Never played the Total War version, but if you like Game of Thrones, I think you would absolutely adore the GoT mod for Crusader Kings II.

Never played the Total War version, but if you like Game of Thrones, I think you would absolutely adore the GoT mod for Crusader Kings II.

Well I've got CK2 on my steam wishlist, and even with it on sale I'm about £5 short. Oh well.

Anyway, Attention modders!
Can anybody patch this mod?
You'll get bacon and recognition as a reward.

I can't find the answer anywhere, I see a lot of people ASKING...

How do you upgrade the dragons?

Guys, please, I require some help) I've got civ5, version 6.1.7600 with BNW installed, I've downloaded from Google Drive a version of Mod of Ice and Fire (BNW) and I am experiencing several issues:
the first and the most important — I can't play my previously saved games, when I try to load something the game crashes with the visual c++ runtime error;
the second one — after a while of playing game it becomes unable to choose the construction for cities, when I press the button nothing happens, however, I'm still able to get into the construction menu via Purchase --> Construct.
Looking forward to your help, thanks)

hmm, I am able to load saves when I disable BNW DLC and play G&K with mod v.4 for G&K only. But anyways it would be fine to find out how can i fix it and make work for BNW.
Also, plz, share a link for Ice and Fire Ethnic Units! I really wanna get it but I am unable to get it on steam, so a link to install it manually would be really great

Is the author going to continue developing this mod? Like adding tech tree like it was in civ of ice and fire, UUs for ironborn etc?

Would love to try this mod but unable to get either the gods and kings or brave new world versions to work. The freeze that happens on pressing 'begin your journey' happens to em every time. I've tried disabling brave new world, ive changed write permissions on the savegame folders, nothing seems to work.

Ok I did manage to solve the problem, by changing not the write permissions but the user permissions on one of the save directories. A mystery as to why this is only needed for this mod, but it does now work.

My game is freezing (Not crashing, just not responding) when I load up a game on this mod. I'm using the Mac App Store version of Civilization V (All expansions bought and updated). How do I fix this problem?

EDIT: Also freezes when I don't play the loaded scenarios in this mod.

Ok I did manage to solve the problem, by changing not the write permissions but the user permissions on one of the save directories. A mystery as to why this is only needed for this mod, but it does now work.

What, more specifically, did you do? Because nearly everyone is having this problem.

Small issue but Robb Stark seems to always load as Germany rather than The North? Anyone have any ideas.

What, more specifically, did you do? Because nearly everyone is having this problem.

What I did was quite annoying to have to do and is only really a partial workaround.

by going to the directory

\users\aurore\my documents\my games\sid meir's civilization 5\modded saves\single

for you it would be your user name not aurore.

you right click on the directory single, select properties, pick security tab, click edit button to change permissions, then click on deny for read and for write.

This will allow you to start the game without freezing. However it will also not let you save the game, even if you change them back while playing. Also you will need to uncheck those boxes to be able to save other games based on mods. So basically you can then play as long as you like but you wont be able to save games.

I did use this to play the mod for a few hours, but its too much of a pain to do it regularly. I am not a modder so I have no idea how to actually permanently fix the mod to not need this crap.

Okay, ever since I downloaded this mod, I can't even start games, any games... The first freeze at startup was when I first tried this mod. Now even with this mod deleted from my MODS folder, any game I start freezes. How the hell do I fix this, it is infuriating.

EDIT: So I noticed waiting about five or so minutes, the game continues to load, but now my game crashes when I try to load up one of the pre-made maps in this mod. There doesn't appear to be any contradicting mods because the Mod of Ice and Fire is the only one on...

Shame Firaxis and HBO don't get together and do this properly as there is obviously a demand for such a spin-off/expansion.

It would be a hell of a dlc indeed. Very very nice. Might be somehting for Civ VI if they get interested, since all content deving is over for civ v.

Congratz on the great work.

Is there any way to just play on the map itself without the ASOIAF civs in it or all the extra stuff? Just want to play a regular game on this map.

Is there any way to just play on the map itself without the ASOIAF civs in it or all the extra stuff? Just want to play a regular game on this map.
Just search the Workshop for "Westeros map" and you'll find quite a few Planetos maps (i.e., of Westeros and speculative maps of Westeros and Essos).

EDIT: Or if you really want to use the one from this mod, just copy the .civ5map files from the mod's Maps folder in
Code:
C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\A Mod of Ice and Fire (BNW) (v 1)\Maps
to the maps folder in
Code:
C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps

Top Bottom