Question about AI handicap.

Hell Hawk

Emperor
If I set AI handicap to the lowest level (Chieftain or Settler, can't remember which) does that mean...

A. The AI gets it super easy, making them a difficult opponent?
or
B. Humans get it easy against that specific AI, making that AI an easy opponent?

If I set AI handicap to the lowest level (Chieftain or Settler, can't remember which) does that mean...

A. The AI gets it super easy, making them a difficult opponent?
or
B. Humans get it easy against that specific AI, making that AI an easy opponent?
Chieften, Settler, Warlord... they all give bonuses to the human, or handicap the AI in one manner or another... these lower levels are easiest for the human and hard on the AI.

At Noble, both sides are at their closest parity in regards to breaks to either side... Prince through Diety all favor the AI with increasing bonuses and gameplay ease, making it harder on the human.

Yeah, I'm not talking about game difficulty though, I'm talking specifically about AI handicap in worldbuilder. ( Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE )

In other words, if I made a 1 v 1 scenario, and I myself was playing at noble, would I have a harder time against a AI handicapped to Chieftain or Deity?

There's no difference... an AI at Chieften is a sap, while an AI at Diety is living hell...

in other words it makes it harder for you if your playing at noble and the AI is set to chieftain.

now its quite obvious what it does when your playing at harder or easier levels. These are two completely different things then setting the AI's difficulty in the worldbuilder or notepad.

edit: play the original earth 1000ad scenario if you want to find out for yourself. The players are set at all kinds of random difficulty settings.

do we have the last word yet? So if I set one AI player as Chieftain, is it easier to be conquered or harder? i.e. is Wolfshanze right or Shiggs713?

well like I said, if you really want to know for a fact, play the original earth 1000ad scenario that everyone has. The players are set at various difficulty levels, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out after playing some turns.

Top Bottom