Vincentz Infinite Projects [VIP MOD]

Sorry for repeating myself, but do you have any idea why that might be and what to do about it ?

Sorry for not answering before ;)

Techtrading comes with education.

Techtrading is one of the most powerful tools in civ4. Both for AI and especially human players. Some people even turn it off completely because its unbalanced.
Imho I set it late because
1) The human player can really abuse this, getting lots of techs out of a single tech
2) The AI can "cheattrade". They will make unfair and "cheap" trades together with each other.
3) The changes in espionage (its a lot cheaper to steal techs) is always there if player falls to far behind. Equally I've had more than a few techs stolen from me, which, strangely enough, I find interesting.
4) Education. Seems like a good spot to start techtrading. The beginning of the game is over, and it moves into mid and end game. Its more difficult to take advantage off this far into the game, while still being quite practical.

Meant to ask Vinz, is v93 official yet or are you still tweaking and peeking :)? Looks like it's still v92 on your DL page.

Well, wasnt really an official release I made earlier. More of a demo version, showing the new Platy UI and my newly made terrain features. Im currently in a game around beginning of gunpowder, and want to continue a bit before packing the files into a installer. Im leaving for a long trip at the end of the month, and hopefully I make it before that ;)

I don't have time to make a full post but I will just quickly ask - in my game I can't build settlers, despite having discovered pottery. Is this a bug or do i need to unlock something else to build a settler?

Nvm I just figured out I need animal husbandry.

I don't have time to make a full post but I will just quickly ask - in my game I can't build settlers, despite having discovered pottery. Is this a bug or do i need to unlock something else to build a settler?

Nvm I just figured out I need animal husbandry.

:goodjob:

'pedia help oodles as well :mischief:.

It does not botter me ! Just release A NEW HOLY VERSION already ! ...... please ....... it's good :mischief:

Well, I'm sorry but I wont be making a new version soon'ish. I just got diagnosed with diabetes type 1, and the whole bloodsugar/insulin thing makes my vision extremely blurred. Also going to Thailand for 4 weeks on monday, to visit my wifes family, so earliest release will be start/mid July.

Until then there is still the release I made earlier with Platy's stuff and my new terrain graphics :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xsr50kknttchxvs/VIP.zip

I have an odd request. Sitting in Thailand, thought maybe i take a look at the xml, but internet being really crappy, i failed to complete download the latest vip twice, and now it asks for code before download, which isnt shown properly on my tablet. So impossible to download. :-(
My request goes, that someone who have downloaded last version (from above post) zips the xml directory and upload it to this site. Any help is much appreciated :)

@vincentz,
Wow, sorry to hear about your diagnosis my friend. :(

Can't type 1 be controlled by diet, without the need for insulin shots? My 86 yr old father was diagnosed 20+ years ago and at 1st it could be controlled by diet. But he wouldn't stick with that diet and it went to the next stage.

I do hope you have a Wonderful time visiting the in-laws. :)

JosEPh

Type 1 is insulin dependent I'm afraid, type 2 is diet based. I'm curious as to to how you weren't diagnosed sooner, type 1 is usually developed during childhood... at least insulin is readily available these days! Hopefully a stem cell treatment will be developed during your lifetime that can be used to cure the condition :)

As jmie says type 1 have to use insulin, which is really unpractical, as its not nice sitting and stabbing needles into myself at restaurants, which is where we eat proll 90% of our meals, secondarely the insulin needs to be kept below 30 degree celcius, and preferably in fridge. Not easy travelling here with 35-40 degree in shadow.
I guess the reason why it wasnt discovered before is I never been hospitalized for anything before, hence never had a bloodcheck. Luckily I still have a small amount of naturally produced insulin, so apparently no internal damages yet, and my vision is almost back to normal, so any typos are due to writing on a tablet ;-)
The good news for me is that i can actually use the carbohydrates i digest now due to the artificial insulin, which gives me 4-5 times as much energy as before, which i really need in the beforementioned temperatures with a pregnant wife and a little energized son.

Spoiler :

Great pic! Is any family in it?

And no more soda pop for you my young friend! That is a big part of the USA's Diabetes epidemic. The number and easily gotten high sugar high fructose soft drinks even makes victims of young children here.

JosEPh

Top Bottom