Uomo Universalis

I am experiencing a frustrating bug.

Some AI Civs dont build any new cities, and the ones that do, build only a few and stops...

I'm using some new Wonders mod, playing in a Terra map (not the ones from the first post) and What Would Gandhi Do AI Rebalance - WWGD (maybe this one is the problem?). I hav an 1.0.1.511 version of the game with all DLC.

Ok, problem solved! :goodjob:

I activated Barbarians! first, remove some wonders (some were duplicated with UOMO), actived everything aaand WWGD last. Until now works like a charm, so I think new wonders and WWGD are compatible!

Also, InfoAddict is incompatible. It bugs the diplomatic window.

Can somone recommend more compatible mods?
I'm already using Food Economy, Cultere per Pop, Barbarians!, Echoes of Ages, WWGD and some new wonders.

Hi Moriboe, I think to have found another bug: there's no way I can build an Apostolic Palace. At the beginning I thought an undiscovered AI player already built it up but after checked with IGE (a mod) no one was constructing it and no one already built it up.
I'm at 100th and more game with your mod.. strange didn't discover it first.

Ok, problem solved! :goodjob:

I activated Barbarians! first, remove some wonders (some were duplicated with UOMO), actived everything aaand WWGD last. Until now works like a charm, so I think new wonders and WWGD are compatible!

Also, InfoAddict is incompatible. It bugs the diplomatic window.

Er... not solved. The AI isn't expanding again. I tested some times with quickly game nd works, but with the marathon, not. In fact, some AI civs (not all) seems to expand, but in a very, very, VERY low speed.

Is still have some wonders and WWGD actived so I will test without then in a marathon game and play for some time... hour... to see what happens... ouch...

InfoAddict is incompatible. It bugs the diplomatic window.
Good to know. It might be because of NACSM, it makes changes there. The upcoming version will no longer include it (but it will be compatible), I will check with InfoAddict then.

Can somone recommend more compatible mods?
I'm already using Food Economy, Cultere per Pop, Barbarians!, Echoes of Ages, WWGD and some new wonders.
I don't know any additional ones I'm afraid; all my gaming time goes into play testing my own mod.

I think to have found another bug: there's no way I can build an Apostolic Palace. [...] I'm at 100th and more game with your mod.. strange didn't discover it first.
Hm I thought I tested this thoroughly. Though I've never seen the AI build it either; the requirements are just too steep (as much allies as you have cities). I'm gonna make it easier to get. ETA: this week(end).
And over 100? Wow :eek: Feel free to make suggestions regarding balance, you should know better than me! :) Especially if you can continue the sentence "I (nearly) never build ... .

The AI isn't expanding again.
Bummer. Poor AI behavior is about the most annoying bug there is :(

Hey, Moriboe! Thanks for the replies! Most modders aren't as helpful!

Also, the AI do expand, but take a looong time to start, dont use many workers and are very passive. I's very easy to overpower then, I think this is a WWGD issue, I will play without it to see.

Haven't tried (I'm no warmonger), but it sounds very powerful indeed. Of course your own unit will be damaged too; it should compensate a bit.
I think this trait will be most effective when already in a position to win anyway. If you can safely let a unit take damage twice and leave it in the field, the opposition is probably feeble and/or your units more advanced. Faster domination for Germany, sound about right :D

I meant that the promotion to attack twice is very hard to get and if you give it to one civ right from the start, not only can I get double the XP per turn (if I'm strong enough) but I'll aim directly for Charge promotion because then my second blow has 25% more power, and therefore that's a over powered trait.

Of course I'm not talking Warrior vs swordsman but for more or less equal units it's almost an Hero gift.

Especially if you can continue the sentence "I (nearly) never build ... .

Oh, it's simple then :D
I NEVER build Arsenal. Just a waste of gold at the time you reach it and after that you're collecting hapiness in other ways.

How many turn must pass after nations voted up in United Nations to reach the victory?
Cause the votes seems to dont trigger Diplomatic Victory.

edit: I've a saved game if you want to test it.
Maybe the fix you did for the Diplo Victory triggering on a Only Domination Scenario?

Thanks again.

@LetMyPeopleGo: Maybe, but it doesn't matter much in single player. Besides, the benefits of conquest are reduced in this mod: no science from puppet population, reduced puppet yields and less trade route income in general. I'd take an economic UA over this any day.

@Bradwen: Glad you picked a vanilla building ;) And yes, the save may help. I bought the DLC civs in the -75% deal, so I can open more saves now. Never assume a change is straightforward I guess. Will fix this.

Mods used:

IGE v2.0 (DON'T affect saved games)
Lightouch v.5
Promotions and Upgrade Fixes v.15
Promotions - Crossovers v.1
Promotions Revised - Basic v.2
Ranged Guns Units Mod v.9
Simple 24h Clock Mod v.1
UI - Great People (DON'T affect saved games)
UI - Trade Opportunities (DON'T affect saved games)
Uomo Universalis: Base v.6

I completed United Nations on turn 490. On turn 501 stars the votes, after that the game goes on.
Thanks again

p.s.: if you've some troubles searching the mods on mods browser let me know.

Attachments

• Oda Nobunaga - Turn 491.Civ5Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
The new version has arrived! Get it.

First of all a name change of the components: I found out the size restriction of ~5MB has been lifted, so I could upload the individual parts to the mod browser. To lure back some fans of my first mod, Building Made Fun, that's the new name of UU:Base. Part 2 became Fill The Map (and includes some maps as well), part 3 is Play The World. All can be found on the mod browser in addition to the zip.

The actual new stuff (that matters):
  • NACSM no longer included due to sporadic crashes. I made it fully compatible though, so just get it and install first if wanted.
  • Relaxed many national wonder requirements to 3/4 or even 1/2. Used partly Thal's code, partly my own. Additional feature: once construction is started, founding a new city (breaking the requirements) will NOT terminate construction.
  • Triumphal Arch is buildable if you kill a player by taking its last city (meaning that if you have "complete kills" on, this may not trigger).
  • Medic and Red Cross. Wanted to include a field hospital improvement, but couldn't get it to work, after substantial time on the problem :/
  • Patronage in the Classical age, Research Lab at Refrigeration
  • Made it better compatible with the DLCs (finally have them), especially Spain (Conquistador gets the attack bonus, Tercio stronger). Disable the remakes in FTM if you have the DLCs.
  • Some new graphical work, e.g. the forest preserve button.
  • Cannot build the GTI if diplo victory is disabled.

@Bradwen: In the end I didn't look at the save, I'm sorry, didn't feel I would learn much from it apart from what you already described. I did run tests though. I found that in the new version, regardless of settings, diplo would still trigger. So I programmed a solution in lua. I don't know what the problem was, but it seems reasonable that it also applied to the patched v6. I ran a few scenario's using IGE and all went well, so I think/hope the issue is gone.

Will also update the first posts of this thread in the future, they are kinda outdated.

Hello,

I clicked on the "Get it" hyperlink to download v7 of Uomo Universalis, but after unzipping the file, it produced a copy of Building Made Fun v15 instead. :confused:

Yes that's correct. It's just a rename of the parts; Building Made Fun (p1), Fill The Map (p2), Play The World (p3).

Building Made Fun was my first mod, and UU:Base has been my successor for it from the beginning. I later decided to update BMF to check if it still had a following: it has. Now that the file size restriction (or bug?) on the mod browser is gone, I can upload the parts separately; so I figured p2 and p3 needed a better name as well. After all it wouldn't make much sense to have Uomo Universalis part 2 without a part 1.

But anyway, I still refer to the whole as Uomo Universalis, and the Readmes all link back here. Still confused? Yeah I'm not the best project manager.

I tried yesterday just for two games. I like the feeling: it seems to take more time to have an appropriate army - or maybe it's just the damn city-states surrounded me from the beginning caused to delay the fourth and fifth city to be settled. Oh well, not so bad, after I'd take care of them I got two Triumphal Arcs to be built (I like the way you've changed it, and the building cost seems appropriate in any era).
What really dumbed me it's the AI attitude: only happened one time - since I play, Vanilla or not - an AI opponent had choose to give me all his cities (and the capital was already conquered by me, so I really didn't got the purpose).
Well, on two games it happened two times. I'd take care of them anyway, no matter what, I were years-light ahead by technology and my army were experienced aswell but that'd take other 70-80 turns (for 7-8 cities and ofc paying attention to dont lose any troop).
Is there something you changed?

I guess it's coincidence. I didn't change anything that would affect unit costs or AI surrender behavior. AIs willing to give all their cities, sadly, is not that abnormal if far more powerful. I usually don't accept because I can't handle the unhappiness.

And damn city states is exactly how I feel about them now too; after growing tired of trying to boot Bismarck as ally of Amritsar, I opened IGE to see what it would take: over 850 influence :eek: It made sense too, he had 3-4 cities bordering it.

@Torvald: I just noticed you were the one who replied in the old BMF topic, so an update on that:

- I kept the automatic naming of save games; it seemed prudent as the code is intertwined with the table persistence.
- I've played several more games since; never had any problem with city state distribution. If it is bugged for you, can you tell me which other mods you are running? I may check them (if the list is short enough ;)) and add to the "incompatible" list.

Top Bottom