Countdown to Brave New World Pack

20 days left, that is less than 3 weeks ;].

20 days
495 hours
29758 minutes
1785500 seconds

I pre-ordered it from Amazon, which means I'll probably get it the day after release date...

...which, as luck would have it, is the day on which I will be taking my lovely mother out for lunch as it's her birthday. D'oh!

Why are games always released on different dates depending what part of the world you are in? The game should be released internationally on the same day.

Why are games always released on different dates depending what part of the world you are in? The game should be released internationally on the same day.

If you think about it... the European release is better because we get the weekend to play it, and have more or less more continual time, while U.S actually gets it during mid-week and has to wait more days to realyl enjoy it.

If you think about it... the European release is better because we get the weekend to play it, and have more or less more continual time, while U.S actually gets it during mid-week and has to wait more days to realyl enjoy it.

Indeed. If I got it during the week I probably wouldn't really get to play it until the weekend anyway.

Is that Firaxis disguising eurocentralism again? If so, I'm not complaining.

No, U.S dates are always mid-week, european and pretty much worldwide are usually on the Friday, don't know why it is like that, but I just think a Friday release offers more than mid-week.

No, U.S dates are always mid-week, european and pretty much worldwide are usually on the Friday, don't know why it is like that, but I just think a Friday release offers more than mid-week.

NO. The reason is shelf stocking. Americans are pretty much the only nation to stock on a Tuesday, though Canada do as well, but Europe and Asia do it on Fridays normally. :crazyeye:

NO. The reason is shelf stocking. Americans are pretty much the only nation to stock on a Tuesday, though Canada do as well, but Europe and Asia do it on Fridays normally. :crazyeye:

.. wonder if since the introduction of online shopping for gaming has meant that there is a decrease in a physical sell of games...

.. wonder if since the introduction of online shopping for gaming has meant that there is a decrease in a physical sell of games...

It has, but retailers still like to throw their (quickly diminishing) weight around. Used to be they would not stock an indie game at all if it was available digitally (Penny Arcade Adventures), but nowadays, especially for larger companies, they can only force same-day availability. Nintendo just went right ahead and released Super Luigi U two months earlier and 1/3 cheaper in their digital store, but Firaxis is understandably being a little more careful than that for now.

Another consideration is that physical games are a real copy that can be shared and sold, while most digital sales (with some exceptions), merely sell a license to play, which is why they usually cost less digitally.

Besides more "mainstream" games still use diffrent release dates (The Sims 3, Civ series) and more or less I think Steam had Portal 2 planned on diffrent release dates but ended up unlocking it on the same day or something.

The only problem for me will be avoiding the forums between the 9th and 11th. (cuz, 12th I won't even be near the net for obvious reasons :mischief:

I like waiting for BNW specifically because spoilers don't ruin the game!

Going to be until late July before I get to play. Possibly even later because my cruddy connection has a history of screwing up whenever Civ wants to synchronize with Steam.

Well here's hoping they allow predownload and unlock early in the afternoon here in the states.

Top Bottom