Oddly placed GAds and GGs

Walter R

Great Engineer
Anyone know how the game selects where earned great generals and admirals are placed? It's a real nuisance when a GG spawns miles from the front and I once had a GAd spawn in a city by a lake - what a waste! I play G&K but I believe that you can move them to other cities in BNW?
Is there some code I could tweak?

Not sure about generals but you can teleport an admiral to any other coastal city (city where ships can be built) in BNW.
I've never had much of an issue in regard to GG spawns so can't comment really on how good the spawn system is. I guess too far away is relative and as i always have a good road network it's usually only 1 or 2 turns away at most even with a large sprawling empire.

I played a Great Plains map, and had no coastal cities, then got a Great Admiral spawning into a 6 x 6 area of sea in the bottom right corner of the map with an entire civilisation between me and him. Probably a city state GP gift I suspect, given that I was playing Greece/Patronage at the time.

The fall patch(or was it an earlier one) was supposed to make GG spawn on the front-line so to speak. GA will always spawn in some coastal city(unless you have none), which you can "teleport" to another coastal city.

Top Bottom