XX Century Mod

Wei-Yan said:
Once agian ALOT of modern Japanese like myself are shamed by such a past

it seems a bit silly to me to not have hirohito as a leader of japan in a 20th century mod. he was the 'leader' of japan during a pretty important period.

some japanese people feel ashamed of this period in time so the answer is to ignore it? i can see how for some people with strong feelings on the subject such an attitude could be angering. japanese denial of WW2 events is a sore point with many people. on the other hand, the determined, self righteous insistence of the west that japan was wrong in everything it did in WW2 and we were right is just as offensive.

personally i just find it interesting how people construct history.

oh yeah. i agree tho, that expansionist or aggressive would be a more appropriate trait for hirohito than creative. it also seems strange to me that churchill is expansionist :confused: aggressive or philosophical seem to fit better in my oppinion. just my 2 cents.

seems like a great mod, i'll definitely give it a try... maybe one day you can add australia. we're a very important and ancient civilisation you know!

jlocke
In next version, I hope
BTW all info about next ver is in the 1 post in thread

bornfromanegg
it seems a bit silly to me to not have hirohito as a leader of japan in a 20th century mod. he was the 'leader' of japan during a pretty important period.
He's in the mod already ;)
maybe one day you can add australia.
Two vers later, I think. The work on new civs in upcoming version has been done yet.
oh yeah. i agree tho, that expansionist or aggressive would be a more appropriate trait for hirohito than creative. it also seems strange to me that churchill is expansionist aggressive or philosophical seem to fit better in my oppinion. just my 2 cents.
Hm, maybe. But don't forget that Hirohito himself wasn't as aggressive as his country was.

Indeed Hirohito ended the war after some of our generals wanted to continue........

AndyTerry said:
jlocke
Hm, maybe. But don't forget that Hirohito himself wasn't as aggressive as his country was.

fair enough. just thought he should be aggressive for a WW2 scenario to pan out, eventually.

EDIT: CivArmy has an aussie civ you might borrow when ur ready. as australia only really exists in the 20th century it should be just right :p

The full map is ready and works well :king:

Look at the screen:

Attachments

• ver20screen1.gif
    ver20screen1.gif
    421.3 KB · Views: 1,961
I must be doing something wrong but i'm saving it into my Mods folder and it keeps showing up as an .rar file. Then when I run the file it acts like a regular Civ IV start-up.

Kman12341 said:
I must be doing something wrong but i'm saving it into my Mods folder and it keeps showing up as an .rar file. Then when I run the file it acts like a regular Civ IV start-up.

You need the Winrar software to unzip .rar docs.
Get it free here

@AndyTerry
Map looks great, can't wait to play it myself
Also excited to see the new units and reskins

On the subject of Nukes, I can't say they should be much stronger for WWII era, but maybe a stronger version in 90's era would be good...

And while we're talking about that, maybe as a predecessor to the Nukes would be Von Braun's V2 rocket... I can't say I know a whole lot about it, but it was the first somewhat effective "ICBM"-type thing.

@Wei-Yan
Japan's actions in the WWII era are a major part of history and should be represented to some extent in this mod. I can see where you are coming from, as there are things Americans have done that I'm not particualarly proud of.
However, you have to see that most people over here with half a brain do not hold that stuff against Japanese people today. Many nations aren't particularly proud of their past... There aren't too many Nazis left in Germany today, yet we have the Panzer as their UU and Hitler as their leader... Not as a way to insult Germans, but as a way to accurately represent history.

Also, I wanted to agree that I think Hirohito should be the Japanese leader because he was their most dominant political figure and led the Japanese to their most powerful point.

Kman12341 said:
Also, I wanted to agree that I think Hirohito should be the Japanese leader because he was their most dominant political figure and led the Japanese to their most powerful point.
Of course, I think so too... And I included him at first. He's in, already :eek:

Might I suggest Ronald Reagan for one of the US leaders? I understand Roosevelt and possibly Kennedy but when most people are asked what Presidents stand out in their mind in the 20th century it's Roosevelt, Kennedy, or Reagan.

Just a suggestion, not trying to be "political"

I think Reagan would be a good choice because he brought down the U.S.S.R., who was the only other major world power at that time.

Reagan is a great choice... a major part of the 20th century in our country.

You know, Bush wasn't elected until 2000, so he's not technically part of the 20th century. I'll still have fun declaring war on him a couple times.

Do you have something like Iraq, or one of those countries that harbors terrorists... maybe led by Saddam or Bin Laden? That'd add an interesting element to the game... especially with insurgent as a UU.

I don't know how but you could probably make something like a 'War On Terror' scenario.

@jayhawak i suppose it would be better to chose iraq with saddam instead of bin laden.

Anyway this mod is great and can still be developed. AndyTerry we should make this mod the best mod ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom