Can relics spawn under gp improvements

Magma_Dragoon

Reploid
If I settle a great person, there there a change an antiquity will be placed on that tile and I'll have to choose between leaving it buried or getting a landmark?

I've also wondered this and would like an answer.

(PS. Not seen it happen myself yet)

Yes they can spawn under GP improvements, The worst part is that you'll have to keep a unit on top of it to stop AI from digging it.

Instead of destroying an improvement the tile should just become unworkable until the dig is finished. I don't see any real balance issue though if nothing at all happens with a tile that is excavated... the current situation is just unpleasing/demotivating without a real reason for it.

On the bright side, you could turn it into a landmark to generate lots of culture. Unless the said great tile improvement is a citadel.

I had a site spawn under my citadel, though. fortunately the war where I put the citadel for is won and I don't need it anymore.
on the other hand, I've never had antiquity sites spawn in working distance of the capital. So planting a great person in the capital should be safe, I guess?

I always kill a few barbs near my cap in the early game, so it could happen. They still have the tooltip stating that a road will connect a lux to my trade network, so I don't have much hope they will change this feature. :cringe:

I once uprooted an Egyptian manufactory. :mwaha:

Instead of destroying an improvement the tile should just become unworkable until the dig is finished. I don't see any real balance issue though if nothing at all happens with a tile that is excavated... the current situation is just unpleasing/demotivating without a real reason for it.

Indeed. If I recall correctly, it used to be that Great Person improvements did not connect strategics; they changed that in response to how generally terrible it was to discover that your oil is currently sitting under an Academy. The same logic should have been applied here.

Yes i once had a ruin spawn under my manufactory, I just declared eternal garrison for that hex for all eternity until the world blows up. 1-2 archeologists came knocking by and I refused to let them in.

Top Bottom