"You built wonders that we coveted"

VladTepes

Clown Prince of Wallachia
Is there a list of what wonders are coveted by specific AI?

It's any wonder they were building that you beat them to I believe.
They usually go for the Great Library, the Parthenon, Alhambra and a few more, so if you want to be everyone's best friend, don't build those unless you have a huge tech lead.

It's mostly wonders they were already building at the time you completed. But in a couple of cases it does appear that one of the AIs got upset with me over a wonder they didn't even have the tech to build at the time I finished it based on how many turns it was after I had completed a world wonder that wonder-envy appeared.

I'm pretty sure that the modifier is very small and insignificant anyway. It doesn't seem to appear at all when you've got good relationship with the leader in question.

It's one of the dumbest modifiers in the game. There's really no definitive method of knowing when or with whom or for which wonder this modifier will pop up. The only surefire way to avoid it is to avoid building wonders altogether. I hope it's removed in future iterations of the series.

I kinda get a bit of cheer in seeing that modifier in red appear under a leader's status. Probably because I've been beaten to wonders so many times that I like getting a bit of payback, haha..

It's one of the dumbest modifiers in the game. There's really no definitive method of knowing when or with whom or for which wonder this modifier will pop up. The only surefire way to avoid it is to avoid building wonders altogether. I hope it's removed in future iterations of the series.

I find it a very decent modifier. You mean to tell me if you have two enemies you can go to war with both equally easy to invade, you wont go for the one with hanging gardens, colussus and alahambra as opposed to the one without ?

Certain factions favour certain trees. So if you're liberty and you're facing America... well obviously they're going liberty.... whereas The Huns will go for more conquest-military oriented trees like Honor.

Although you are right, how does this relate to wonders?

I'm pretty sure that certain civs have a higher Wonder rating that alaso influences the chances of the modifier appearing. At least they got rid of that ridicolous "You are trying for the same victory" modifier.. I still remember that.

Why is it dumb?

Human players feel the exact same way (you built the wonder I wanted!) to AI's and other human players.

But that's the point of it. There has to be some modifiers that you can't really control otherwise the AI will be even easier to control than it already is.

Its not different than them coveting your lands, or not liking you for any number of other things. It creates tension.

Umm, it's pretty logical. It also means they want your wonders and their effects, which is a very reasonable reason to attack or - at the very least - dislike someone. I mean, I feel the same way as AI - if you build Chichen Itza and I'm Persia/Brazil, you're not going to be my friend any time soon. If you're nearby, I may plan to... take the city with it EVEN if I initially planned to be peaceful.

Top Bottom