Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This log is definately a good thing, but I'm not sure it shows everything and actually first you have to understand this wall of code. When I saw it for the first time one thing was amusing - I had a neighbour, Victoria. My stack of about 7 axemen stood next to their city for few turns, while it was defended by only one archer and one spearmen. Log said that this paticular city was "adequately defended". I don't think so ;] Probably because of these calculations they didn't bother to reinforce the city and it fell in one turn without any casaulties on my side. And the main question is why exactly AI considered one archer and one spearmen an "adequate defense" at that moment. Log says something about calculations... that's ok. But right now it's like "it's 10 because 4+6=10". Ok, I know why it's 10, but I still have no idea why there are 6 and 4 in the first place.

And I'm not expecting any explanation because I know you're busy with other things, I'm just trying to present my point of view.

This log is definately a good thing, but I'm not sure it shows everything and actually first you have to understand this wall of code.

The BBAI log does show everything relevant, and players don't have to understand the log format, us developers do - which is why I asked you to upload it. ;)

Nice to meet you, I called revic
While small, it is also the development of civ4 MOD.

Introduction of you, we will pay homage to the great activities related civ4.
Below, because there is interest in the development of A NEW Dawn, please tell me if it is good.

It is about the build procedure.

http://anewdawn.sourceforge.net/pages/install/
Developer installation (SVN) [english]

Follow the instructions in accordance with the above, we tried to build to download the source.

Will come out error is at compile time.
(Attached file image)
http://ipa-zone.jp/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/error-3861.png

- Use environment -
· Visual Stuido 2008 Expresss Edtion

If the build procedure is wrong, please tell me.
Also, please tell me if there is a page that build method was resting.

※ Since English is not good, it's almost using translation software.

Hi everyone;
Could please someone explain me the difference between my difficulty and the ai's? What's really happening when my difficulty is prince and the ai's is noble(I cant change the ai's diff. when starting in the custom game)? what's the logic of the flexible difficulty option?

Thanks.

Hi everyone;
Could please someone explain me the difference between my difficulty and the ai's? What's really happening when my difficulty is prince and the ai's is noble(I cant change the ai's diff. when starting in the custom game)? what's the logic of the flexible difficulty option?

Thanks.

The AI's difficulty is always at Noble - your difficulty influences the bonuses/penalties you get with pretty much everything.

Flexible Difficulty adjusts your difficulty based on your score - so if you're doing really well, it might push you up to Monarch or even Deity, causing your maintenance costs and research times to skyrocket, while the AI still gets their neutral 'Noble' effects, thus researching faster than you in some cases.

AI Flexible Difficulty does the same, but for THEM. Expect to sometimes see backwater 3-city AI's researching techs in 9 turns that take you 20 or more to research..... But don't expect them to put them to much use with those three cities :lol:

Basically, it makes the game easier or harder depending on how well you're doing compared to everyone else, in theory. Usually it works fairly well. For a more in-depth analysis of the mechanic, someone else will have to speak up ;)

The AI's difficulty is always at Noble - your difficulty influences the bonuses/penalties you get with pretty much everything.

Flexible Difficulty adjusts your difficulty based on your score - so if you're doing really well, it might push you up to Monarch or even Deity, causing your maintenance costs and research times to skyrocket, while the AI still gets their neutral 'Noble' effects, thus researching faster than you in some cases.

AI Flexible Difficulty does the same, but for THEM. Expect to sometimes see backwater 3-city AI's researching techs in 9 turns that take you 20 or more to research..... But don't expect them to put them to much use with those three cities :lol:

Basically, it makes the game easier or harder depending on how well you're doing compared to everyone else, in theory. Usually it works fairly well. For a more in-depth analysis of the mechanic, someone else will have to speak up ;)

so there is no difference between a chieftain ai and a deity ai regarding 'cleverness.' is it all about the bonuses and penalties? does 'ruthless ai' option make the ai 'clever' or just turn it to a warmonger like the ' aggressive ai' option?

thank you

In general, AI doesn't get more clever. It's mostly bonus and penalties tweaking and some random choices pushed more toward an aggressive behavior or not. If I had a chance to make AI smarter, I'd make it so for every handicap level.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13896158 said:
In general, AI doesn't get more clever. It's mostly bonus and penalties tweaking and some random choices pushed more toward an aggressive behavior or not. If I had a chance to make AI smarter, I'd make it so for every handicap level.

thanks. also where may i find all the changes made till now especially the ones about the gameplay, because i've been reading some of the threads of the past and i realy wonder if those ideas are implemented. 'losing contact with a civ when embassies are not established' is just one of them.

this is off the topic but maybe firaxis should work with you guys for civ 6. thanks for all your efforts.

can someone please tell me what do i need to build a ceremonial altar? i researched sacrifice but still cant build it.

If you have the BUG option to hide unconstructable buildings off, then it should appear greyed out in your building list and tell you what you need.

can someone please tell me what do i need to build a ceremonial altar? i researched sacrifice but still cant build it.
It also requires priesthood, do you have it?

45°38'N-13°47'E;13898850 said:
It also requires priesthood, do you have it?

i found that out, but it's not stated when you hover over the icon in the game. but thanks anyways.

hi 45°38'N-13°47'E,

I know I have been asking too much :)
I have one more thing to ask, 6 years ago it's stated to either turn off your uac or 'run as administrator' on beyond the sword shortcut if u have windows 7 or vista. Do I still need to do it and why?

Thank you

hi 45°38'N-13°47'E,

I know I have been asking too much :)
I have one more thing to ask, 6 years ago it's stated to either turn off your uac or 'run as administrator' on beyond the sword shortcut if u have windows 7 or vista. Do I still need to do it and why?

Thank you
If it works anyway, then you don't need to do it. But if something is not working, that's the first thing to try. Some programs require that level of permission to work properly.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13900120 said:
If it works anyway, then you don't need to do it. But if something is not working, that's the first thing to try. Some programs require that level of permission to work properly.

so should i uninstall a new dawn then apply the changes and reinstall a new dawn?

Below, because there is interest in the development of A NEW Dawn, please tell me if it is good.

Follow the instructions in accordance with the above, we tried to build to download the source.

(Attached file image)

- Use environment -

※ Since English is not good, it's almost using translation software.

I think you just download it normally, nothing to build / re-build?

(Attached file image)

- Use environment -

Since English is not good, it's almost using translation software.
No idea, it gets compiled fine here. Maybe it has to do with language settings? I don't know, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom