Random Rants XXXV: BANNED IN THE UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm... so in effect, its unsolvable until your neighbors shut the heck up.

i suggest you wait until then, and then sleep. for 12 hours.

Rant: I just now learned that the guy who played Frasier is a Republican. :mad:
Oh, yeah! I have another reason to think he's great! :goodjob:

Don't hate a show because of an actor's political angle. Hell, don't hate the actor for that.
Agreed. Even though Tony Shalhoub is a Democrat, I don't hate him. He's an excellent actor.

Ref-jacking...

My dormplex has a thing for fire drills in the middle of the night. And the windowlicker who does is always in the other side of the dormplex. First one at 3:30am, and now one at 6:30am.

As I have been personally involved in actual fire incidents at odd morning hours, I cannot say early morning fire drills are all that unwarranted. (Roommate left an oil-laden rag in the trashcan, and it spontaneously combusted. Luckily the fire was contained in short order with minor soot on the wall nearby.)

pretty sure my utility bill is way overcharging me on parts.

sewer and water for 1/2 month before was ~7 dollars; this (full) month charging me like 31 dollars for water/sewage. one of those two is totally wrong scale, and I'd certainly hope its the large number from this month. electricity was to scale, as it actually less-than-doubled the half month amount I paid last month.

anyways guess my utility stuff is done through a sketch process. etch-a-sketch sketchy even. I actually don't know how utility billing is done normally, but this seems a bit arbitrary to the consumer. Probably is normal, just I didn't know about it.
Spoiler :

So the bill in the first place doesn't actually list my usage on it, as far as I can tell. But moreso it's based on the "local water rates" rather than my own personal meter usage. The billing for my complex's property is done through a company APEX; "Apex Billing will monitor, read and record actual resident water usage and then assess the appropriate Water monthly charges based on local rates....[residents are given a statement] that reflects monthly usage totals and the amount owed based on local water rates".

On the customer service phone they say that the area/community water rates go up (and say they often go down in the fall/winter, but wtf it's the fall now....), and so my property's management agreed to have billing by area rates and so everybody's rates goes up by that standard, regardless of usage.

Guess that sounds somewhat reasonable for costs, just that
1) I don't actually get a definitive statement of my usage (though if I hassled them about it I probably could) but moreso
2) some mystery "area rate" for the city's water seems to be the main determining factor in my utility bill that I am unable to get a number for. In this specific instance, my usage probably doubled (naturally, as it was 30 day period vs 15 day period) but city's water rate presumably doubled in its cost as well.

I guess I'll go ask my property's management in a bit later today (bill is due november first, so I have time) as the system changed; for some reason payment of utilities changed so that you pay to my property instead of to the utility company APEX--it's the exact same bill, just you can make 1 payment for rent/utility to my property.

tl;dr-- bill has some mystery area/city rate that determines the water and sewage costs. It's meter usage * area/city water rate, and the city water rate fluctuates. So while your personal usage can stay stable and not change, your bill will as it's some multiplier of some mystery number. Which may or may not be pretty normal, I am not familiar, just I didn't think of that. I was just assuming straight by meter usage costs.

Barely anytime for Internet today. Out all day. Booo.

That damn surgery's going to make me end up being addicted to Oxycodone.

This thing will be never again. It's not going to go away.

Michael Savage reference?

Rant: I can't rant about a Michael Savage reference. :lol: Also, I can't rant about getting the first response.

Nope. It's a Homestar Runner reference. If you get them confused again, remember that Homestar Runner is brilliant and a cartoon, whereas Michael Savage is stupid and a person. Hopefully we can get a streak going here. I'm thinking "I don't like food anymore!" for the next one.

Too nervous today to ask my teacher's for some recommendations :(

I guess I'll have to try again on Thursday.

God, the internet is so sloooooow today. :undecide:

Slow, as in, nothing interesting is going on.

C'mooooon, internet. Give me something exciting. :mad:

Nope. It's a Homestar Runner reference. If you get them confused again, remember that Homestar Runner is brilliant and a cartoon, whereas Michael Savage is stupid and a person. Hopefully we can get a streak going here. I'm thinking "I don't like food anymore!" for the next one.

"Computer over? Virus equals very yes?! That's not a good prize!"

Oh god I ate too much for dinner, my stomach is killing me :ack:

Got soaked at a football match today.

God, I hate, hate, hate, HHHAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYTE dogs.

When will people learn they are completely useless, and are a waste of resources and money? :rolleyes:

I will never understand these inane obsessions with such a dumb (both figuratively and literally) animal. :rolleyes:

(The source of this rant is my family's dog misbehaving.)

When will people learn they are completely useless, and are a waste of resources and money? :rolleyes:

I will never understand these inane obsessions with such a dumb (both figuratively and literally) animal. :rolleyes:

(The source of this rant is my family's dog misbehaving.)

What did the dog do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom