SGOTM 11 Rules Discussion

There is room to vassalize 2 opponents that don't want to change of their own free will ;)

On the contrary, there is room to vassalize the entire world minus one civ (to avoid conquest victory). As long as THEY declare war on YOU, there is no negative modifier for "you declared war on us".... and you are free to prosecute the war as you see fit (except that eliminating the civ would put your team out of the game). I think.

Is this indeed a correct interpretation of the requirement for the diplo modifiers?

Yes, kcd swede is correct. If an AI declares war on you, then Eldine will recognize that it was not your decision, and you must take whatever action is required to protect yourself. However, it is clear to Eldine that there would be a point where you have captured enough cities that the AI in question is no longer a threat to you. If you eliminate the AI altogether, then she will know that you have viciously overreacted and are not worthy worshippers.

If you reduce the AI to one single city, then that's fine. The requirement is that the AI is still alive at the end of the game.

Reading some posts opens another question:
What if an AI on the other side of the world (or in any case so distant you can't help it) is wiped by a neighbour?

What if an AI on the other side of the world (or in any case so distant you can't help it) is wiped by a neighbour?

I believe from the earlier post; this means you lose.

Yes, kcd swede is correct. If an AI declares war on you, then Eldine will recognize that it was not your decision, and you must take whatever action is required to protect yourself. However, it is clear to Eldine that there would be a point where you have captured enough cities that the AI in question is no longer a threat to you. If you eliminate the AI altogether, then she will know that you have viciously overreacted and are not worthy worshippers.

If you reduce the AI to one single city, then that's fine. The requirement is that the AI is still alive at the end of the game.

How does Eldine feel about uncivilized barbarians? May we wipe them out without accruing her displeasure?

How does Eldine feel about uncivilized barbarians? May we wipe them out without accruing her displeasure?

In Eldine's eyes, the Barbarians are vermin. Do with them as you please.

Then you are ineligible for the laurels as you can no longer fulfill all game conditions. As far as Eldine is concerned, you failed in your duty to care for your brother and sister civs and are thus unworthy. If you subsequently win a cultural or UN victory, your game will go in the list of teams that won without satisfying the game conditions.

Then you are ineligible for the laurels as you can no longer fulfill all game conditions. As far as Eldine is concerned, you failed in your duty to care for your brother and sister civs and are thus unworthy. If you subsequently win a cultural or UN victory, your game will go in the list of teams that won without satisfying the game conditions.

What happens if we do not get three teams that fulfill all of the requirements? Will teams that won the appropriate victory condition but did not satisfy all of the requirements then be eligible for a Laurel award or will such Laurels simply not be awarded?

Also, if two teams finish on the same date with one of the correct victory conditions and with all of the requirements satisfied, is that situation considered a "tie" in terms of Laurel awarding and overall team ranking, or is there some other tie-breaking factor that comes into play first, such as score?

What about the Wooden Spoons--are they meant only for players that win the correct victory condition and satisfy all of the requirements? If yes and if only two teams win the correct victory condition and satisfy all of the requirements, for example, would the lowest scoring of the two then win a Laurel award plus the Wooden Spoons?

Also, for comparing the relative ranking of teams that win the correct victory condition but do not satisfy all of the requirements, is there any distinction between the teams in terms of how many requirements that a team does not satisfy? I.e. Is missing 1 requirement equally as bad as missing them all?

@ LowtherCastle: If Murky Waters is not reconstituting for this game, why don't you come and play for Gypsy Kings this time? ;)

Don't forget that Erkon was involved getting us this game... would you seriously want to bring down a cursed save upon your team's shoulders? :lol:

On the contrary, there is room to vassalize the entire world minus one civ (to avoid conquest victory). As long as THEY declare war on YOU, there is no negative modifier for "you declared war on us".... and you are free to prosecute the war as you see fit (except that eliminating the civ would put your team out of the game). I think.
Remind me never to give you a position that requires the safeguarding of national security secrets ... :)lol: ;))

dV

I think OPEN DISCUSSIONS of STRATEGIES should CEASE please!

I think OPEN DISCUSSIONS of STRATEGIES should CEASE please!

:confused::confused::confused:

I don't see any strategy discussions happening. This is fleshing out the rules so we all understand the artificial limitations.

If I am going to spend a couple of months playing a competitive game, I would appreciate everyone understanding what we can and cannot do.

Do you really want to win because other teams did not understand the rules??

so, who is this Eldine?
and why can't she just go to the mall if she needs some clothes?
did her daddy take her credit card?

Recall a recent map by Erkon with islands shaped like his real life initials (EL)? Combine that with Dine-amic Spirit and you have the godess of "Kill, Kill them all!!!"
Just a theory. ;)

Please use this thread to discuss, ask questions about, or seek clarification of the rules for SGOTM 11.

For convenience, could you paste in the SGOTM11 rules to this first thread of this post?

Recall a recent map by Erkon with islands shaped like his real life initials (EL)? Combine that with Dine-amic Spirit and you have the godess of "Kill, Kill them all!!!"
Just a theory. ;)
You are so clever. No wonder you are the beloved leader of the Unusual Suspects.
I hope we get a blessed map instead of those cursed ones that the other teams will get.

so, who is this Eldine?
and why can't she just go to the mall if she needs some clothes?
did her daddy take her credit card?

Now that's just getting pedantic.

(a) You're not playing as America so you can't build any malls.
(b) Do you really think a noble Goddess should stand around that long waiting for you to research the right tech
(c) How can She go to a mall without getting arrested if She doesn't have any clothes in the first place?

:confused::confused::confused:

I don't see any strategy discussions happening. This is fleshing out the rules so we all understand the artificial limitations.

If I am going to spend a couple of months playing a competitive game, I would appreciate everyone understanding what we can and cannot do.

Do you really want to win because other teams did not understand the rules??

Spoiler :

Is this indeed a correct interpretation of the requirement for the diplo modifiers?
This was the post I was referring to the most. No offense to swede....but I am of the opinion, and this is just my OPINION, that figuring out strategies(like how many vassals does it take to disqualify an entry), should be left to the individual teams. Maybe I am wrong...

You have the welcoming party of four great people and four warriors standing ready on the only fur in the world. (The great people can be of any type)

Must the four great people all be different types (e.g., 1 GP, 1 GM, 1 GA, 1 GE) or can we have multiple great people of the same type (e.g., 4 GP or 2 GP & 2 GA)

Top Bottom