SGOTM 13 - One Short Straw

Moving 1NE would do a few things for us:
a) Lets us know if LC's Forest is there or not (if it's not, then he'll probably be less interested in that island)
AND
b) Lets us see if the island is small enough to be able to "scoot around the northern edge of it quickly" (you can see that it's possible in the test game by simply moving 1NE... if it appears to not be possible, then the decision more heavily favours going towards the Stone)
AND
c) Checks for a possible Seafood on the western side of the island (which could also influence where we head next)
Well, I was hoping for either completely barren land or a ton of Resources appearing, but instead we didn't really get either.

a) LC's Forest is there and it is a Silk Resource, which is a square that could be worked early on while we get another square or two improved but can also be Chopped, since we'll eventually want to put a Plantation on it, which would mean destroying the Forest anyway. So, it's definitely Choppable for a Granary.

b) The island/landmass does look small enough to scoot around it to the north but we aren't certain whether it can be scooted-around at the SE side of it.

c) No Seafood visible (yet?). Would DS really give us a closeby island with Silk and no Food to go with it? Probably not... but what if there is only 1 lame Food Resource?

Anyway, I'll keep play paused again... quickly but not hurry, as the saying goes around here, right?

A couple of screenshots:
Spoiler :

Let me know if anyone wants to see the saved game itself, as I don't plan to upload it on this turn unless someone requests that I do so.

The island will take about 10 turns to go around, so I don't really see it as worth it at this point. We won't work silk for a while so I'd prefer to turn back. Maybe look 2S before going back to our original route.

Maybe look 2S before going back to our original route.
Yes, we get 2S "for free," in that we don't lose any further movement points by moving there, due to the neighbouring Coast squares between the two islands/landmasses.

Agreed. Head back. It will be quite a while before we know Calendar. If there is a good city spot near here, I assume it won't be settled until later.

Alright, back we headed and found a Clam Resource:
Spoiler :

I imagine that we're still going on towards the Stone, right?

Also, I ended the turn (since WB Explorer #1 had no movement points left anyway) so that we could see the Most X Civs of the World screen. I thought that I'd taken a screenshot of it, but it didn't appear in my screenshots folder, so perhaps I accidentally pressed the Pause key instead of the Print Screen key.

Oh well... it was not all that illuminating... 4th Powerful Civ in the World with a bunch of Unknown players taking up the other slots on the list.

I imagine that we're still going on towards the Stone, right?

S - SW would be my vote. All of that desert doesn't really excite me. I assume that there is another seafood around, but I think we'll find a better location than this for City #2.

Oh well... it was not all that illuminating... 4th Powerful Civ in the World with a bunch of Unknown players taking up the other slots on the list.

I guess that means only three other civs know BW...

Agreed. We can't expect to get team consensus on every single work boat move. We trust you to follow the plan and only pause if something really unusual appears or if you intend to deviate from the pre-approved plan of scouting the inner ring first.

Moving on towards the Stone...

Magical Fish! Super Great Person Farm with no production? Magical Fish to pair-up with 2 Grassland Hills Mines? Things to think about for now but not to decide upon until later.

We also got kicked off of the Top 5 Cities of the World list by a Size 5 City on this turn.
Spoiler :

We have spotted another island to the SE of the Stone island. I plan to head SE and explore in that direction unless there are some quickly-posted objections.

One Civ also grew their capital to Size 6 on this turn.
Spoiler :

EDIT: Okay, that was kind of dumb... I can definitely head 1SE even if we stick to just exploring the Stone island since I can always move 1SW on the next move if required... so I'll grab a screenshot of having moved 1SE... but then will give some time to see if anyone objects to me leaving the rest of Stone island exploration for sometime after circling around this newly-found island (the one to the SE of Stone island).

Top Bottom