Guess the New Civs

Can I be horrifyingly cynical and suggest that we should be looking at potential sales markets when we're suggesting what civs might make it in the end? Not saying exclusively, but impact on sales has to factor in. On that account, Poland is a fairly big market, so I think that theory lends itself to their possible inclusion.

With money put into vision there are two obvious options waaay ahead of Poland (which while an arduous fan base doesn't have too many people in general playing this game).

The Zulu (A Civ I really dont want)

And the Sioux. At least with the Sioux I can hope they do a Khmer to Siam switch (or a Mali to Songhai switch) so that we get a brand new civ with the Comanche (Also a very well known civ in the USA particularly in the west for the generations of fighting the American Military and Mexican Military had with them).

I don't think they will add both the Huns and the Sioux. Obviously, their "golden age" time period is different and they can give the Sioux gunpowder weapons, but two nomadic horse tribes seem a bit overkill.

I don't think they will add both the Huns and the Sioux. Obviously, their "golden age" time period is different and they can give the Sioux gunpowder weapons, but two nomadic horse tribes seem a bit overkill.

The Sioux just seem unlikely overall.
I mean, we already have the Sioux as a Native American civ.

Annnnd...BOOM!

WELCOME BACK TO CIV, SHAKA!

Can't say I'm surprised. I was really expecting them. So now what? We have two remaining spots open. Who's gonna get them?

Netherlands (Modern W. Europe)
Celts (Ancient W. Europe)
Byzantines (Ancient/Medieval SE. Europe)
Mayans (Ancient C. America)
Carthage (Ancient N. Africa)
Huns (Ancient/Medieval E. Europe/W. Asia)
Zulu (Modern S. Africa) Although they'll probably have an ancient UU/UB combo

There's no actual evidence that the article posted today was in fact.. true.. there's "a lot" of suspicious info, and it's pretty been confirmed it's just an Apirl Fool's Joke.

well, zulu are still a maybe, but are a pretty good guess. i'd just take that article with a grain of salt.
anyway, more native americans are just about always welcome, as long as they're not the same. while i'd still probably prefer pueblo/inuit for the sole reason of a unique improvement on normally unusable land, the sioux could definitely fit and we could get a lancer/cavalry replacement.
i guess comanche horsemen could technically be a pueblo unit, since comanches got their horses from pueblo indians, but that would be weird.

edit: but still awesome, now that i think about it.

If,at least,one of the 3 last remaining civs is new in Civ series,which one would be?

The Top 5 candidates I'd guess are (in no particular order):

Congo (or maybe Ghana, an African civ from the actual tropics...)
Indonesia (catchier than Mahajapit (?), face it, maybe they name this "big tent civ" Malay)
Brazil (there's few civs with modern/industrial bonuses, South America has much place atm)
Poland
Inuit (not because they are deserving, but because civ5 puts lots of importance on terrain, and an ice and snow focused civ would be very interesting)

Then there's the ones that we know are not in, but would be somehow deserving:
Morocco/Moors
Israel

And there are of course countless others like the Chachapoya, the Tamilese, the Tibetans, the Apache, "Gran Colombia", the Arawak, Hungary, Sweden, Australia, Vietnam, etc. ...

1. Zulu
2. Ethiopia
3. I would have said Portugal or Tibet, but judging from Gods & Kings screenshots = Poland

:cooool:I think they will be poland and zulu and for last hittites:thumbsup: and bonus dlc of canada:smug:. oh and creators of civ 5 add the city state of troy it's one very famous city state. militaristic. add troy:king:.

There are a few I do not believe will be in this game:
* Mali (too close to Songhai)

Note that both "Timboctou" and "Jenne" depart from their conventional Western spellings as Songhai cities. That suggests they're at least leaving room to bring back the Malinese. However, I doubt they would be a priority for the expansion - there are many other areas of the world that warrant multiple civs, but whose civs are better-known.

* Khmer (too close to Siam)

This being one of them.

A few ideas that have never been in a Civ game before. Some are City-States or I suspect will be a City-State.
* Moors

Likely preempted by the catch-all "Arabia".

* Indonesia

This is the one I'd like to see for geographical completeness. Also, adding Indonesia or the Khmer (or the Burmese, etc.) would allow them to add a new SE Asian architectural style which they didn't fit in the main game (which can hopefully then be retrofitted to the Siamese).

* Poland (City-State as Warsaw)
* Venice (City-State as, well, Venice)
* Pueblos
* Israel (likely to be a religious City-State as Jerusalem)
* Sweden (I forget if Stockholm was given to Denmark)

Still a CS.

And of course there are many, many more. What about the Myanma? Burma has never been represented by a civ, but it had a Wonder (Shwedagon Pagoda) in Civ IV.

add troy.

It's a CS in Wonders of the Ancient World.

When I refer to the Moors, I'm referring to the Almoravids, which were Berber, not Arab. However, Marrakech is a City-State, so they certainly aren't going to be in without their capital.

I definitely could see Khmer. I have to think of a second unique thing and ability, but a Ballista Elephant is different enough from other Elephant units. I'd actually consider making it a Trebuchet replacement that can defend itself effectively.

When I refer to the Moors, I'm referring to the Almoravids, which were Berber, not Arab. However, Marrakech is a City-State, so they certainly aren't going to be in without their capital.

I definitely could see Khmer. I have to think of a second unique thing and ability, but a Ballista Elephant is different enough from other Elephant units. I'd actually consider making it a Trebuchet replacement that can defend itself effectively.

The Baray is fine (the UB in Civ IV). It could even give the same bonus relative to the aqueduct that it used to (+1 food).

Alternatively, with religion they could have a prang (Khmer spire, the "temple-mountains") as a faith-producing structure.

Not as sure about the ability.

Note that both "Timboctou" and "Jenne" depart from their conventional Western spellings as Songhai cities. That suggests they're at least leaving room to bring back the Malinese. However, I doubt they would be a priority for the expansion - there are many other areas of the world that warrant multiple civs, but whose civs are better-known.
i didn't get that from this at all. they just felt like spelling it the other way this time around.

We can have Columbia which combines Columbia and the short-lived state of Gran Columbia into one civ to represent the general area. Just like how Denmark combines Denmark and elements of the short-lived state of Denmark-Norway.

I also say we should have Ethiopia and Kongo long before Zulu, they were a lot more important historically.

i didn't get that from this at all. they just felt like spelling it the other way this time around.

And yet the Great Mosque of Djenne Wonder is spelled Djenne. While Timbuktu is a sufficiently well-known city among the general public that it seems odd to spell it differently for the sake of change - they might as well spell the French capital Paree.

We can have Columbia which combines Columbia and the short-lived state of Gran Columbia into one civ to represent the general area. Just like how Denmark combines Denmark and elements of the short-lived state of Denmark-Norway.

I also say we should have Ethiopia and Kongo long before Zulu, they were a lot more important historically.

Be careful, "Columbia" means a very different thing. Yet I got what you meant and completely agree with you, Colombia (Gran Colombia), despite being short-lived, had a great historical significance for several southern and central american countries, and Simón Bolívar is probably one of the Americas' greatest leaders. It's a shame we cannot play as him while some of the currently featured leaders didn't even exist or weren't as half as relevant for their civilization/country/people as Simón was for America.

I also share your Ethiopa/Kongo preference over the Zulu, but I guess the later have better chances. Well, perhaps they're going to surprise us.

Top Bottom