Is anybody else eagerly awaiting...

NintendoNut

Chieftain
Battlefield 2? I have wasted many hours on the original Battlefied 1942, and I am looking forward wasting many more on Battlefield 2. I have driven myself crazy reading previews and watching videos of gameplay footage. Am I the only one out of my mind waiting for this game?

p.s. Should I seek profesional help?

I haven't really played any previous Battlefield game all that much, but what I did play I was extremely impressed with. I'm waiting in line to get the demo for Battlefield 2 right now, and do plan to buy it shortly after it's out.

So bloody hard to find a decent mirror for it, but now i've found a half-decent 55kb/s one :cool:

2 hours to go!

The demos out?! w00t! I've been waiting for it to be released since I heard about it a couple of weeks ago. :D

*downloads*

So Battlefield 2 is a sequel to 1942? That explains a lot.

Somehow I've missed this thread.

I was really hungry for the demo. The hours before the demo was released I was on the web, constantly reloading some potential download sites and checking the chat on Gamespy. I was also listening to this "radio show" totalbf2 had set up (it was actually a TS server but was streamed due to popular demand) where they discussed the game and broadcasted news and rumours as soon they heard them. Fully connected :D . Then as they started shouting "It's out, it's out, the demo is out!" I threw my full weight on the reload button on the Gamespot tab. I tried download server #2 but was only getting 17 kbs so after a minute I changed to #3. Soon the servers was full, and while I had to wait 2h for the download to complete, others had to wait in queue to even start downloading. What a nerd I am :blush: . But I wasn't the only one.

Got the retail version 2 days ago. Checked my name (not Hakim) on the ranking and noticed there were at least 10 others who wanted to have that name, but had to add stuff like "_2003", "_2005" and "_23456" :D . It payed off to be first on the demo. :goodjob: .

Hakim, as I am a moron and still haven't gotten the full game, do you have to make a new account with the full version? I made one for the demo but am not sure if I have to do it again for the full version..

No you don't, that's why it was a good idea for me to get the demo quickly.

Too bad for those who buy the game and have their favourite name taken by someone who only tried the demo with no intention of buying it.

I just got an award for parachuting

:hmm:

Love the game, but EA are ***** for making people pay to have their server ranked. And the ingame browser is ****, really looking forward to it being ASE/whatever compatable..

Top Bottom