Impatiently awaiting for expansion news

Brave Jay

Warlord
I was just wondering if there have been any expansions news or rumors of release or anything yet? It's been many weeks since i took the firaxis survey and i haven't found any info lately on when or if there will be an expansion pack for civ4 any time soon. How long do they usually wait before releasing an expansion pack? and how long before they announce it and start giving teases for it?:confused:

warpus said:
I really hope that they take their sweet time with this - the last thing we want is a rushed expansion pack w/ bugs and balance issues.

They could always throw a couple of mods or maps in with the new patch to tide us over here...

Or you could play Galactic Civilizations 2. Haven't touched Civ 4 in over a week and I probably won't for at least a few months. ;)

An expansion isn't likely to be announced before E3, even if it is planeed at this point.

Does anyone remember when PTW came out? How long did that take after Civ3 came out, by the way PTW sucked, Conquests was cool, but PTW was a joke.

I sincerely hope they don't rush the expansion and then come out with a 2nd one to make up for the failure of the first. It reflected poorly on Firaxis when critics tore apart PTW for being woefully inadequate; not to mention I rather not spend the money on 2 seperate expansions. At the very LEAST I hope that an expansion would include all the previous expansion civs as well as new buildings, leaders, and few more religions just for flavor. Because mutliplayer is already in, I feel that Firaxis should be able to come up with an impressive expansion. I also like the idea of giving civs more than one UU but I could see that being logistically difficult. Anyways, I am also eagerly awaiting the XP.

bonscott said:
Or you could play Galactic Civilizations 2. Haven't touched Civ 4 in over a week and I probably won't for at least a few months. ;)

Sounds like a pretty good game for civ fans. I did like MOO back in the day... just what I need... GV2 & Civ4. My wife would kill me.

cuchulain said:
I also like the idea of giving civs more than one UU but I could see that being logistically difficult.
I also thought a more 'static' bonus would be good, too, e.g., Spain, Russia also has a bonus to ALL mounted units; Monty, JC, one for melee, etc.

Top Bottom