I cant believe I brought this tripe

Status
Not open for further replies.

john428

Chieftain
What were the makers thiking when they released civilization revloution.

Its the worst civilization game I've ever played. Even Civ2 on PS2 was better than this rubbish.

I have to say that I think Civ1 is even better than it. At least that was open ended if you wanted.

It seems to me they've made half a game and released it to make a quick buck. Why else would they step back 10 years?

What were the makers thiking when they released civilization revloution.

Its the worst civilization game I've ever played. Even Civ2 on PS2 was better than this rubbish.

I have to say that I think Civ1 is even better than it. At least that was open ended if you wanted.

It seems to me they've made half a game and released it to make a quick buck. Why else would they step back 10 years?

I disagree 100%. This is one of the most fun Civ games I've played to date, including the Activision spin-offs, previous console versions, "Net" versions, etc.

Perhaps you should spend more time with it. It's a hell of a lot of fun! :)

I brought the game this afternoon. I have played it once on Deity level and won the game in 2 hours. Wheres the fun in that?

The game is not polished off very well. One irrating fact besides the fact you cant play on after victory is building units and buildings. When all buildings and wonders have been built you are forced to build units forever because there is no off switch or divert to treasury option.

It also seems like there is no maintainance for units which means the next time I play it I suspect I can win in 30 minutes. All round this is a pathetic game and it will sell very poorly when the word gets out. I hope this doesnt ruin the brand name because I love civ games. The best one so far is civ3. Civ5 should be civ3 + the new additions found in civ4.

Way to judge a game when you just bought it and played one game. Why don't you play some more games, try other civs, try different victories, and jump online to play a few games with some of the top players.

This isnt a game, its half a game.

There is no need for me to play it ever again because its no differant from other civ games except half the games been removed.

Another point. How come I cant even disband units?

In fact I'm going send a complaint to the producers of this rubbish. I want my money back. 39.99 for this is pathetic.

In fact I'm going send a complaint to the producers of this rubbish. I want my money back. 39.99 for this is pathetic.

This is not Civ 4, you can sell units by clicking the right stick. You are over-reacting majorly though. Instead of treating this as a new invention of the Civ franchise, you're expecting everything from the PC on it. Why don't you pay attention to all the new content they've added in the place of what is different from Civ 4.

I think it's really sad that you're writing it off this quickly. As I said, I personally thing this is one of the best civ games yet.

This game needs 6 months more work doing on it.

I cant see how you believe this to be the best civ game yet. Go get yourself a pc with the civ collection. Its much better.

Even civ2 was better on the playstation than this.

I brought the game this afternoon. I have played it once on Deity level and won the game in 2 hours. Wheres the fun in that?

The game is not polished off very well. One irrating fact besides the fact you cant play on after victory is building units and buildings. When all buildings and wonders have been built you are forced to build units forever because there is no off switch or divert to treasury option.

It also seems like there is no maintainance for units which means the next time I play it I suspect I can win in 30 minutes. All round this is a pathetic game and it will sell very poorly when the word gets out. I hope this doesnt ruin the brand name because I love civ games. The best one so far is civ3. Civ5 should be civ3 + the new additions found in civ4.

Only Civ4 ever had the option of transferring your production into gold or science.

This isnt a game, its half a game.

There is no need for me to play it ever again because its no differant from other civ games except half the games been removed.

Another point. How come I cant even disband units?

You can disband units by clicking down on the left thumbstick.

I cant see how you believe this to be the best civ game yet. Go get yourself a pc with the civ collection. Its much better.

The game is complete...perhaps you should have actually read what the game was about before buying it. It was a simple matter of finding out it is not the same level of complexity of the PC civs.

I have owned every Civ game since the beginning. I'm 29 years old, I was playing the first Civ when I was 12 or so. I own every game, every expansion, etc. So I don't need to "go get myself a PC".

Civ Rev is great. You're entitled to your opinion, but it's pretty sad that you're viewing it this way when you just started it this afternoon.

i for one love this game, with the regular play mode, and the extras game modes that vary the challenge, i can believe that anyone could right it off after just one game:confused:

I'm confused... Where did you bring this game?

Oh wait, I get it, you mean you BOUGHT this game, not brought it... :rolleyes:

Moderator Action: We really don't need spelling/grammar police....
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I cant understand why there are a few who like it.

There is a lot less strategy in the game too. Ok I now know you can disband units but even so each city always has to be building something or else it pops back up at the end of the go. Thats annoying there should be a way to stop that.

And if they sorted the game out so you can play on after victory it would then be approaching okay.

I stopped reading when you said you like CIV3 the most. Lost all credibility.

My favs are
CIV, CIV4, REV, CIV3, CIV2

I cant understand why there are a few who like it.

There is a lot less strategy in the game too. Ok I now know you can disband units but even so each city always has to be building something or else it pops back up at the end of the go. Thats annoying there should be a way to stop that.

And if they sorted the game out so you can play on after victory it would then be approaching okay.

Go into manual worker mode, customize your tiles so they're not working any production, and build a unit, wonder, or whatever else you'd like. The city will leave you alone for awhile, and with very little product, it won't be churning out units every turn.

john428, there are lots of people who like this game, its just that the people who like it are busy playing and not whining and complaining.

every single Civ game ever has required you to have something building at all times...the only ways to stop it from asking you what to build are to bring your production down to 0 or build something that takes a very very long time.

I personally like the concept. But the actual product isn't what it could have been in my opinion. The AI is not very good at all and I would really have liked it to be improved before release. The developer could atleast have included another difficulty level where the computer controlled opponents get a massive bonus to offset the bad AI.

There are also a few too many bugs left of which two are a real pain. I would also agree that the inability to convert hammers into gold or some such is a bit annoying in the late game.

Only Civ4 ever had the option of transferring your production into gold

Civ3 had Wealth, Civ2 had Capitalization (which, hovewer, wasn't avaliable from the beginning).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom