Luxury slider

Scout

Chieftain
One small mystery resolved -- Dan Magaha says on the Aployton forum: "You have a luxury slider as well as a research slider. I think at one point the luxury slider had been taken out, which is why it didn't appear in some screenshots, but I can't remember. In any case, you definitely do have a luxury slider. " http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28949

I find this interesting, because it appears to be in addition to the effect of luxury resources. This makes it seem like preventing unrest may be a bit easier (and more flexible) than in Civ 2.

Thanks for the clarification.
Not that I was too worried, I figured that one way or another I'd be able to keep my peeps happy. And I rarely tweaked my Luxury rate unless I /had/ to, or unless I was going for the PopBoom.
That's one of the things I /love/ about the Civ games, BTW: the fact that everything is so well interconnected. You have to keep your peeps happy, or your production and research fall off. So happiness can more than pay for itself, if balanced properly.

- Stravaig

Top Bottom