Promotion-upon-entering-city Improvements

Luckmann

Esusian Epicure
I had a random question. I want to add the granting of Haste and Regeneration upon entering a city with the Amurite Palace.

It appears to be fairly straight forward how to add "If you have this Improvement, all units built here will receive Promotion X", but I haven't got the slightest clue where to start looking for the "automaticly granted to everyone that enters the city".

What's the name of the xml function and how does it work? :)

It is not possible. Or rather, not easily done.

You can make building grant free promotion (FreePromotion tag) and make it apply it for entering units (bApplyFreePromotionOnMove tag), but it has two limitations:
First, only one per building
Second, it applies on game turn end (or start?), so the effect will be in place the next turn.

With Xienwolf's dll changes in FF (and in Orbis, too), you can make promotions apply to all units that enter a city with building (or feature or terrain or improvement...), but there is another problem. The promotion better be created for this purpose only, as changing i.e. haste will make it work only if there is a require building at the tile.

It is not possible. Or rather, not easily done.

You can make building grant free promotion (FreePromotion tag) and make it apply it for entering units (bApplyFreePromotionOnMove tag), but it has two limitations:
First, only one per building
Second, it applies on game turn end (or start?), so the effect will be in place the next turn.

With Xienwolf's dll changes in FF (and in Orbis, too), you can make promotions apply to all units that enter a city with building (or feature or terrain or improvement...), but there is another problem. The promotion better be created for this purpose only, as changing i.e. haste will make it work only if there is a require building at the tile.
Thanks a lot for the help. I've got a completely different idea going right now, thanks to the 'one per building' limit, so it won't be a problem. Thanks. :)

Top Bottom