New civ linked to new resource

Curry isn't one thing, it's a combination of many, many things.

True - although there is such a thing as a curry tree.

My mum's family have one growing in their back garden in Colombo.

I do not like Durian at all.

Maybe I am a way-too-Americanized Vietnamese. :lol:

Maybe the Durian resource stuns all enemies of the civ that owns it within its vincinity due to its smelliness.

I do not like Durian at all.

Maybe I am a way-too-Americanized Vietnamese. :lol:

Maybe the Durian resource stuns all enemies of the civ that owns it within its vincinity due to its smelliness.

It's definitely an acquired taste for most Westerners. I remember when I was younger I hated it (I had a Western diet). But my diet began to evolve to love more Indonesian food, now it's my favorite fruit. Fresh durian makes a massive difference. Longer the shelf life, the more the taste changes. And quality as well - some people say Sumatran durian from certain locations is almost like eating an entirely different fruit

I love going to the Pho restaurants because sometimes they have durian boba tea!

It's probable that we'll be getting cinnamon in some form, considering the current spices icon - would be a waste of work for them to just throw it away. So either current spices will become a cinnamon lux and keep the icon, or spices will become something uncinnamony and Indonesia will get the icon for their unique cinnamon lux, along with nutmeg and cloves or alike.

the first time i played Civ V when i saw copper icon I though it was cinnamon sticks :lol:

edit: but there are really cinnamon sticks icons for the spices resources.

I go for Pho, boba, hot sauce, everything! :yumyum:

You must be like the elephant that Gajah Mada was. :lol:

So to bring this back to topic in the lamest way possible: man, if Vietnam was still a possible contender for a civ, I'd argue that Pho would make a great luxury resource. Its special ability would be setting up Pho restaurants all over the world. :p

You must be like the elephant that Gajah Mada was. :lol:

So to bring this back to topic in the lamest way possible: man, if Vietnam was still a possible contender for a civ, I'd argue that Pho would make a great luxury resource. Its special ability would be setting up Pho restaurants all over the world. :p

Not to take it away from the topic again, but does a good Vietnam mod exist?

Imagining a similar Siam with Tom Yum Kung and Som Tam makes me shudder...

Seancolorado are you related to Gajah Mada perhaps?

Not to take it away from the topic again, but does a good Vietnam mod exist?

I think there's one or two around but I dunno how good they are, I don't play anywhere near as many Civ5 mods as I used to with Civ4.

:lol:

(I'll admit I don't like Thai cuisine, though. Too much coconut. Well, at least the places where I've eaten.)

That's not marketable though.

Anyone for Pad Thai?

Top Bottom