Gold gifts get no influence with city states

Heerlo

Jedi Master Hearlo
I've been playing on an LAN game with my brother, and we have gone far into the future, just playing around and trying to preserve the peace.

And something strange happened now that we've got so far into the future.As we were getting this far, I noticed that the influence we get for giving gold to city states had dropped.Eventually, I looked and realized that gold gifts no longer got any influence!
Picture:
Spoiler :

Eventually we got further, and I noticed that 1000 gold gifts actually give -5 influence!What?!:confused:
Picture:
Spoiler :

Is this supposed to happen?

Most likely not. I'm guessing the devs didnt think anyone would play that far into the future, and didnt set any minimum gift influence level. Or maybe the city-states are running out of places to store all the gold, so they don't want any more.

I'm guessing the devs didnt think anyone would play that far into the future,

Well that`s short-sighted of the Devs, considering it`s a well known fact since Civ1 many people like to play well after the endgame period. Wasn`t there even an article about someone who played CIV2 for 10 years?

I myself, always play past the end point.

Interesting, yes, it seems CS influence gains for gold drop...forever? That would mean if you keep playing, you'll see them all drop negative, and, eventually, they should reach the same negative as the point where they started.

It brings up interesting questions though. Will AI's throw money at them? Does it really take away influence if you give the gold?

Interesting, yes, it seems CS influence gains for gold drop...forever? That would mean if you keep playing, you'll see them all drop negative, and, eventually, they should reach the same negative as the point where they started.

It brings up interesting questions though. Will AI's throw money at them? Does it really take away influence if you give the gold?

I wondered the same thing, if the AI would try to ally them like that.And I don't know if it really makes your influence worse to do it, but I haven't bothered to try.:lol:

FWIW, I have a G&K game on turn 847 (2223 AD), all the CSs love me (who wouldnt?). I checked and gold gifts still render influence.

FWIW, I have a G&K game on turn 847 (2223 AD), all the CSs love me (who wouldnt?). I checked and gold gifts still render influence.

Well, my game is on vanilla, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Top Bottom