Civilization V: Who/What Am I?

There is no national wonder that grants automatic victory beside the utopia project. And no that isn't a guess so don't count it.

Incorrect, there is at least one National Wonder that does so.

Since I still haven't played Gods and Kings, and I haven't even gotten all the pre Gods and Kings DLC, there may now be more than one National Wonder that does so, but I think the second hint about its original name should be more than enough to distinguish what the mystery item is.

All I can think is it's the Heroic Epic. I don't know anything about pre-patch release or instant victory, but it's the only national wonder that could be an answer to an obviously misleading clue.

It doesn't really work since the morale promotion is never obtained in any other way, nor is it an experience boost, so it's not like a victory in any sense at all. Nor does it even work metaphorically as a tale of victory.
I was going to say Palace but your pondering about "maybe G&K additions also do this" had to mean something like this, giving a modification to existing units. In fact, I suppose you'd say the National Intelligence Agency would count, since it gives experience to spies, as though they won against another spy.

All I can think is it's the Heroic Epic. I don't know anything about pre-patch release or instant victory, but it's the only national wonder that could be an answer to an obviously misleading clue.

It doesn't really work since the morale promotion is never obtained in any other way, nor is it an experience boost, so it's not like a victory in any sense at all. Nor does it even work metaphorically as a tale of victory.
I was going to say Palace but your pondering about "maybe G&K additions also do this" had to mean something like this, giving a modification to existing units. In fact, I suppose you'd say the National Intelligence Agency would count, since it gives experience to spies, as though they won against another spy.

No, on both counts.

The mystery item is.....the Domesday Book National Wonder from the Viking Destiny (1066) scenario.

Hint: I am the only National Wonder to grant an automatic instantaneous victory.

It's the only National Wonder that I'm aware of that is an automatic instant win.

My popular name isn't the first name by which I was known.

Apparently, the Domesday Book was originally known as the Book of Winchester according to Wikipedia.

I was not in the original launch version of Civilization V, but I was introduced before Gods and Kings.

Finally, as the scenario itself was part of a DLC pack that included the Viking civilization and related scenario, the Domesday Book could not have been a part of the launch version of Civilization V, but the scenario that includes it was definitely around before Gods and Kings.

Thank you to everyone that guessed!

Huh. Good one. Everyone assumed the main game.

Never mind I already guessed for the day.

Columbus.

Hunnic Battering Rams? (Can only be of use next to cities)

Top Bottom