Warhammer Heart of Chaos - Download and Current Changelog

no, I'd read the instruction but failed to see a non-crossed out patch

PL, maybe you should remove the strikethrough on the second line after the disclaimer, to make it clear that patch b is intended.

Playing as Norsca

BD1 Norsca, workers cant build roads or trails. added Build_trail to workers enables them.
BD2 The tooltip for Marauders says +1409025448xp from combat.
BD3 There are 2 racial promos Demon & Deamon
BD4 Cant seem to build waystone, looking at the XML, Its missing an icost value & an Ai weight value
BD5 After researching Corruption the Exstacy of Slaanesh is still red?
BD6 There doesn't appear to be a way to harvest Rare Herbs? Except maybe found a city on them?

PL, maybe you should remove the strikethrough on the second line after the disclaimer, to make it clear that patch b is intended.

Good idea. i moved old downloads to the end of the post and spoilered them.

also, updated post 2 to inculde bugs up to post 23.

also, updated post 2 to inculde bugs up to post 23.

Perhaps you should also add in the bugs from the team forum bug thread?

The unit tech requirements (and the tanner) are big ones.

BD5 After researching Corruption the Exstacy of Slaanesh is still red?

Beardy Dan, what exactly do you mean here? Exstacy of Slaanesh should definitely be available to the Norcans. it requires Corruption of Chaos AND Currency, perhaps you hadn't researched currency? it also requires your state religion be Corruption (all advanced chaos techs do)

This is a SS a few turns after researching Corruption, EoS is unselectable.

Looking at the XML, the EoS looks like :

Code:
			<AndPreReqs>
				<PrereqTech>TECH_CHAOSCORRUPTION</PrereqTech>
				<PrereqTech>TECH_CURRENCY</PrereqTech>
			</AndPreReqs>

Nurgle's tech like:

Code:
			<AndPreReqs>
				<PrereqTech>TECH_CHAOSCORRUPTION</PrereqTech>
			</AndPreReqs>
			<OrPreReqs>
				<PrereqTech>TECH_SANITATION</PrereqTech>
			</OrPreReqs>

So i switched EoS to match and no change.:(

I then noticed & removed <bDisable>1</bDisable> and it works.:D

If its red that mean's its disabled; the red means it can never be researched in that game, nothing to do with tech pre-reqs.

So its just a bug that EoS was disabled for Norsca.

BD7 BUILD_CORRAL is missing from the worker build lists
BD8 there are 2 buildings called "hunting lodge", 1 from Nature Lore, the other from Monster breeding
BD9 Adding a Tanner to a construction queue causes a CTD. #
BD10 BUILD_METEORITE_MINE is missing from the worker build lists
BD11 Adding a Machinists Workshop to a construction queue causes a CTD. #

#, No error messages with either or these.

Oops, I have to apologize, I have failed i my duties as an Alpha tester. :(
Removing <bDisable>1</bDisable> only partially works, it stops the tech being redded out, but i cant select it for research. Tried the research screen, advisor popup & the quick bar at the top.
Ive just figured out why, its because the chain to currency is blocked at Words of Salvation, the pre-rec for Lordship, which is the pre-rec for currency.

A few things I have noticed in my first game playing Orion with Wood elves.

KG2 – Wood elves only receive +1 food from NEW FOREST... should it not also be other forests

KG3 – Founded the Old-Ones holy city on my way to researching Ancient Lore but can not adopt it, no reason for me to be able to found the holy city then

KG4 – been said before, but a warrior and 2 scouts is to much to start with

KG5 – just some general thoughts here: Music is great but some of it is in known languages (such as German) not sure its the right choice for a fantasy mod

KG6 – When I enter a square with a dungeon it acts as a hut

KG7 – When I enter a monster habitat (greenskin encampment etc...) it is automatically is destroyed.

KG8 – Can build Hedge Wizards and Warlocks with Magical Talent tech.

KG9 – My hedge wizard can learn ALL the magic trees

KG10 – Singing Grove ?

KG11 – no defenders in greenskin barbarian cities... I just walk in and take them ;)

KG12 – Should I be able to build bands of Shades... they start with Druchii promotion after all.

Same error as karigaut, and solution :

GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme

Special note : in the Beyond the Sword folder, I found an error file ThemeParseLog.txt, saying :

(note : French hour).

I went looking for .thm files, and found that the Civ4.thm file in the Resource folder of the mod contains includes to folders in the Fall Further mod !

So if you don't have that mod installed, the warhammer mod won't start. Setting the includes to the Warhammer mod solves the problem :
I spoke too soon before... :( The darned thing still won't work I'll reinstall the mod tomorrow and see if that works. Dangit I was really hoping to try it before going to bed.

Waystone XML is missing the following lines. Without them you can not build it.
Goes in buildingInfos.xml

<iAIWeight>40</iAIWeight>
<iCost>100</iCost>
<iAdvancedStartCost>100</iAdvancedStartCost>
<iConquestProb>25</iConquestProb>

I also changed <iAsset>6</iAsset> to 1

Tanner causes a CTD but I think that was already mentioned.

Great to see some results from all the hard work guys have put in.

The game still won't start for me and I am unsure why... :( I keep getting the error that Ahriman said was prolly the result of not having the main download installed. I downloaded it again and reinstalled it and still it doesn't work. :( I'll continue to play around with it to see if I can get it started.

TR1: During load the following message displays:

Tag: ERA_END in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\TEchnologies/CIV4TechInfos.xml

Then the whole thing crashes. I've installed both the mod and patch b.

BO1: I played empire earlier today found mysticism in a village. I founded Words of the old ones (which I realized empire shouldn't be able too) and then the game crashed.

cheers and thanks for what looks to become a great mod

BD12 Steel Weapons promo blocks & allows Iron Weapons:confused:

BD13 Weapon promos are not overwriting correctly
BD14 No GPP?
BD15 High Walls can't be built
BD16 Shouldent Castles need walls instead of High Walls as High Walls are from a much higher tier tech?
BD17 Imperial Roads arn't on the workers build list.

KG2 &#8211; Wood elves only receive +1 food from NEW FOREST... should it not also be other forests

No, elves should not be getting + food from *any* forests, so the bug is on new forests. The FFH mechanic of +1 food from ancient forests *and* able to build in forests is broken.

Re: religion founding and access, all that stuff is not properly implemented. We should eventually make it so that it works as it did in the old mod version (racial blocks, Wonder founding not techs, auto-spread and present at game start for some religions, events providing free missionaries for non-founders for other religions).

No, elves should not be getting + food from *any* forests, so the bug is on new forests. The FFH mechanic of +1 food from ancient forests *and* able to build in forests is broken.

Re: religion founding and access, all that stuff is not properly implemented. We should eventually make it so that it works as it did in the old mod version (racial blocks, Wonder founding not techs, auto-spread and present at game start for some religions, events providing free missionaries for non-founders for other religions).

Makes perfect sense ;)

Top Bottom