Interesting Idea

Not unless you give them actual support. They seem very... unable, or unwilling, to take extreme risks to form empires on their own, probably due to how deadly cities are these days.

I sent you a link to my WWI scenario. At the moment I am testing it out. So far it has been a blast. No crashes, but I do have some questions for Gedemon. About team numbers for civs showing up in the VP display on the game interface. The team numbers differ from what they are in worldbuilder, which is rather odd. In any case I'm sure he'll know what to do about that. At least I hope. Other than that though it runs smooth.

Anyway...

While I was playing the British DoWed me and attacked Brussels. If it fell the British could then attack me in Germany. I had no choice, but to save my little ally. First I gifted them and infantry division. This helped some, but they were being bombarded ceaselessly from aircraft and artillery. I could not get open borders with the Dutch or French. They both hated me. The great thing was they were at odds with each other. Therefore, I invaded the Netherlands and turn Amsterdam in two turns. Then I was able to support Brussels better. Although, I was able to give it some air/naval support in the meantime. The point is that the CS was feeble and would have fallen, if not helped. The thing is though Brussels really does not have much room to expand. Its production capacity is quite limited.

Can you gift air units to a CS? And if you can will it use them? I'll send them some Fokker DR1s.

Here is a picture of the largest CS empire I have seen in a game.
Spoiler :
Look at the length of the Golden Age. That must be nice. :lol:

How is that even possible? Even on Marathon with Chichen Itza + the whole Freedom tree that's only like 60 turns right?

How can you have a 154 turn golden age? Did you use 4 great artists at once?

It is pre G&K and by the looks of the mini map he has been using GG to pump up the goldenages.

I have so many great generals I don't know what to do with them. It's rather annoying. I feel you should be able to gift them to CSs for a chunk of change. Like a military advisor or something. Can you gift them to CSs? I never tried that. Sometimes I just disband extra GGs.

It was an old pic from pre G&K. To be honest, I don't even remember the settings I used for the game. I am playing Persia in the game though, and I probably did burn most of my GG for golden ages as they were pretty worthless to keep around in Vanilla. It is nice to keep Persia in a constant state of golden age when war mongering to get the bonus from the UA. I did help my CS ally by gifting some units, and using ranged attacks to take down city defenses for them.

Hey everybody! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Question: What happens if you're playing as Austria and buy a CS that has multiple cities?
Do you get all of its cities? Has anyone tried this?

Nevermind, I found it out myself. The answer is yes you get all of its cities.

Awesome! Multiple cities for the price of one!

Top Bottom