4th scenario - American civil war?

cuc

Warlord
As promised, the first thing I did after completing my download was to poke into its files. There are quite a few assets made for a civil war scenario, from unit models to technology voice quotes.

In other words, Firaxis indeed planned to make 4 scenarios for G&K.

We can now speculate whether the civil war scenario would see the light of the day as DLC or part of a future expansion pack.

DLC scenario bound to be unlocked in a few weeks - maybe. Anyway, this is nice. Wonder if there will be a new Civ thrown in as well.

Probably the Sioux if this happens.

Could you please explain a bit of the files that would relate to the American civil war? It sounds a bit vague, and being from Europe I have to wait until Friday before I can try to look it up myself...

Wouldn't the Commanche be a good addition if they are doing a Civil War time period scenario?

We won't get either.... way to quick a turn around. Even if it is a month from now. Look for something around Labor Day soonest.

The American Civil war would make a great scenario. Lots of new technology saw its debut in the US civil war, and many people consider the US civil war to be the first modern war. This is because its the first major war where armies could be transpored by mechanical means (by railroad). Its also the first major war where ariel reconacance (with hot air ballons) was used to track enemy movements and to direct artillery. Its also the 1st major war where electronic communication (the telegraph) was used. A battle could happen in Georgia, and the news could get to washington DC almost instantly. Before that it would takes weeks or even months for news to spread. The gatling gun was also used. And military strategies were improved and updated too. The US civil war is the first time that 2 ships construced of metal engaged in combat.

Also, at the time, the US civil war was the largest war that had ever been fought in world history. (The Napoleanic wars may have been on par, but with vastly inferior technology). And even to this day, the US civil war is the largest war ever fought on the American continents. For all these reasons I think it would be a great scenario.

Confederate UA: 15% Greater GG effectiveness.
Confederate UU: Slaves
Confederate UB: Plantation/Windmill... (no idea)

Union UA: Faster worker construction for improvements. Greater factory production.
Union UU: (No idea)
Union UB: Some production building.

Any civil war buffs want to help me out?

I'd do it like this:

Confederacy:
UA: China's UA, Art of War
UU: Slaves-replace workers, build improvements faster
UU: Raiders-replace cavalry, cheaper and faster

Union:
UA: Teeming Masses, wounded units restore to full health twice as fast
UU: Field Artillery-replace cannon, increased ranged strength
UU: Steam Frigate-replace frigate, takes less damage from cities' attacks

Also, at the time, the US civil war was the largest war that had ever been fought in world history. (The Napoleanic wars may have been on par, but with vastly inferior technology). And even to this day, the US civil war is the largest war ever fought on the American continents. For all these reasons I think it would be a great scenario.

How on earth do you measure how large a war is :confused:
Also there were quite a few bigger wars (notably the An Shi Rebellion, Mongol Conquests & Napoleonic Wars)
Of course all previous wars had inferior technology, that's kinda how technological advances work. Also, if you use death toll as a measure of how "large" a war is, the Mexican revolution was the largest war fought on the American continents (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Revolution)

Confederate UA: 15% Greater GG effectiveness.
Confederate UU: Slaves
Confederate UB: Plantation/Windmill... (no idea)

Union UA: Faster worker construction for improvements. Greater factory production.
Union UU: (No idea)
Union UB: Some production building.

Any civil war buffs want to help me out?

I might even bump the great general up to 20% greater effectiveness. Practically all of the great generals were from the south, and they all were loyal and fought for the south. The north had some good generals by the end of the war, but in the begining of the war the Union leadership was a disaster.

And the Union should definitley have much more production capability. So for every Confederate unit killed it hurts them a lot more because its much more difficult to replace.

Maybe the Union units could even get extra movment on railroads because most of the railroads were in the north.

And the south could get a bonus from plantations.

The Sioux would be awesome!!!! The Civil War scenario would be the first scenario I care about enough to play since the Mongol scenario,

Some related files:

Scenario opening music:
CivilWarMusic.ogg

Scenario opening speech:
CivilWar.mp3

Technology quotes:
TechCivilWarBalloonRecon.mp3
TechCivilWarCavalryRaids.mp3
TechCivilWarEntrenchment.mp3
TechCivilWarFieldHospitals.mp3
TechCivilWarIronclads.mp3
TechCivilWarMilitaryRailroads.mp3
TechCivilWarRepeatingRifles.mp3
TechCivilWarRifledArtillery.mp3
TechCivilWarScorchedEarth.mp3

All the voiceovers have already been dubbed.

Unit models and animations:
confederate_artillery_napoleon
confederate_artillery_parrot
confederate_cavalry_carbine
confederate_cavalry_pistol
confederate_ironclad
confederate_rifleman

The exact same set also exist for Union.

Unit textures:
confederate_cavvalry
confederate_rifleman
css_virginia
union_cavalry
union_confederate_artillery
union_rifleman
uss_monitor

No other related files (such as icons and text files) seem to exist.

You know what would blow our collective minds? If this scenario is the next DLC and the accompanying civ is the CSA.

Great news! The files are there for a DLC. Unless those files are there to be used with the 2nd expansion, which is possible, because many icons etc, went into GnK from vanilla. Did you find anything else of interest poking around?

Top Bottom