Longbowman are awesome!

General Tso

Panzer General
I just discovered that Longbowmen are awesome!

First off you get a unit with a range of 3 long before anybody else allowing you to attack enemy cities and units with impunity when under the right conditions.

The first bonus is obvious but what I didn't realize until using the Longbowman is that the extended range promotion stays with the unit when it is upgraded to a Gatling Gun and later a Machine Gun. If you engage in a decent amount of combat, it's easy to end up with a dozen or so Machine Guns with 3 or 4 promotions and a range of 2. Killer :D.

No doubt the Longbowman allows you to conquer your continent.

I never had my longbow men live long enough to get that far promoted.

A basic rule that I use is - never leave them in a situation where they can be attacked by more than one enemy unit. That's actually a good rule for all units (in my humble opinion). It's just applies more to units like Longbowman because they can be killed relatively easy.

I love them too! After playing England for 10 games in a row, I developed some pretty nice units. 6 of them defended a chokepoint on the England-Mongolian border, positioned on hills, with swamps in front of them. All 6 got Logistics, March and Accuracy 1-3. They turned into some pretty mean Machine Guns :D

I'm also a fan of longbowman. In my last game, I used them to conquer three empires. I placed them 3 hexes away from enemy cities and let them shoot at will, while my enemy had no way to attack my longbowman. They are efficient killers

I'm also a fan of longbowman. In my last game, I used them to conquer three empires. I placed them 3 hexes away from enemy cities and let them shoot at will, while my enemy had no way to attack my longbowman. They are efficient killers

Still this is not as efficient and adaptable to all situations as Keshik's with their 5 movements and running after attack.

They both have their advantages.

I've been saying this for ages - one of the best UUs in the game!

The one thing that slows them down though is the terrain - setting the world age to 5 billion years helps with this.

Top Bottom