Mods that should become pernament part of the game.

There's a mod that converts ranged attack promotions to melee attack promotions when ranged units upgrade to a non-ranged unit (like chariot archer to horseman or machine gun to mech infantry). Unless they can make an entire line of ranged units, that seems to be the best solution.

As far as InfoAddict being considered cheating, I feel that, while it DOES show some information that you can’t get in the game, it shows you information that you SHOULD be able to get in the game as well as information that you COULD derive if you tediously kept detailed notes while you played.

It shows you the world relations diagram which is plausible for a Diplomatic Advisor to have knowledge of. You should be able to easily and readily see how other Civs feel about each other before signing a DOF, without having to keep a notebook with you and log all the diplomatic changes each turn.

I use it mostly for the Military graph that shows how strong the different Civs are. The in-game Demographics screen only shows who’s first, who’s last, and what the average is. This I believe is unrealistic; the Civ that is first and/or last is sometimes listed as an “Unknown Civ,” but how would your Military Advisor know that somewhere in the world there is a Civ with a larger military force if you aren’t even aware that they exist. InfoAddict shows how all the Civs stack up with each other, not just first and last (which is realistically possible for a Military Advisor to surmise), but it only shows the Civs that you’ve met (which is also more realistic).

I’m not saying that it needs to be added to the game, but there are parts of it that could be included into the core game without being considered cheating.

A mod that adds more information for the player. Similar to the demograhics but it applies to everyother civ, not just those who are in first and last

I think Firaxis should sometime take a look at the mods, and consider adding some of them (with appropriate permission and credit) to the game pernamently.

I mean, everybody uses InfoAddict, and had it not been for the achievements and lack of MP mods, I would too use it.

Then there is the mod that improves the file size of units and improvements, (well, there's bug with the latter) that I think if somebody did it, then I think 2k/Firaxis should also do it, I mean I can barely play Hotseat long enough because the map has to re-load everytime, and the more Improvements are built, the slower the game actually becomes!

there's a mod that makes hotseat more playable? link?

there's a mod that makes hotseat more playable? link?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=475198

You need to use the Custom Advanced Setup though, but even with that, there is apperently a horrible bug in which when you replace a farm with another improvement or so, it crashes the game, not to mention that he eventually leaves out farms altogether, but I think that makes the mod worse because farms are like the numebr 1 improvement anyway.

Slightly off topic...

... I read this thread and decided it was time to check out infoaddict. I started a new game with it on, but later loaded the game without going through the MODS option.

Some 50 turns later I realised. Can this mod be applied to an existing game save that does not have it active?

Top Bottom