Really Advanced Setup

Anyone having problems with this after the fall patch concerning trade routes and espionage?

More likely to be being caused by a mod that includes an out-of-date DLL than a mod that changes how a game is initially setup.

I'm having some difficulty with the Edit Player menu. When I get there, I can adjust all sliders and checkboxes, but the dropdown menus are all empty and, more distressingly, every button stops working (ie, the Exit button, the buttons to apply the options to all computer players, etc). I cannot exit back to Advanced Setup at all. I can press Esc to return to the basic setup, but if I click Advanced Setup, it returns me to the Edit Player menu where I still can't press any buttons. This requires me to restart the game to be able to enter Advanced Setup again, and any options in the Edit Player menu are more or less unusable for me, as I can't change them without breaking all my buttons. For reference, I'm using the vanilla game - will I need the expansions to be able to make full use of this mod? It does say that it works with all versions...

The mod should work with all versions and I haven't heard of any problems that would indicate otherwise.

I have had several reports of empty drop down menus and the problem was always caused by conflicts with other mods.

Are you using any other mods? If so then as a quick test try using this mod by itself. If that works then go from there.

No, there are no other mods installed. Could this be an issue due to the fact that I didn't download and don't run the game through Steam?

The only legal way to play it is with Steam and SteamWorks is integrated into the game - I'm not sure what happens when you play it without Steam.

Oops... Does the Mac version support mods?

The option to select a start bias type is already in the mod. When you enable start bias it appears.

Hi,

I think this mod wraps up many of the loose ends of Civilization V - such as what units you start with, and all that. But I'd like to see an option where you get to set a civilization's starting position by modifying the X and Y values of the tile location in which the civ's units spawns. Anyways, great job on this mod. I love it.

Just wanted to give an update. I'm finally spending some real time working on a new version for this mod.

Here's a list of things that are either finished or being worked on. This update is not yet available but progress is finally under way.

Fixed active Civs list. Civs can now be deactivated as expected.

Increased maximum unit experience to 500.

Increased maximum starting visibility to 128 tiles.

Removed the AI_DEFAULT entry from the Difficulty Level menu.

Cleaned up help system.

Updated sliders - they should all work smoothly now.

The mod now sets the number of Civs to the default value when the user changes the Map Size or Map Type.

I just discovered that Firaxis rewrote the code that implements many of the map options. I'm currently in the process of changing my code so that it functions in a similar manor as the new system. This will hopefully get rid of the problems some where having with Earth maps or other custom maps.

I hope to add a few improvements to the help system (such as information about each Civ's special attributes). The update should be released shortly after that.

Hey, i recently installed this and it looks super awesome, but I was wondering if there is a way to change it to only one human player (i want to play singleplayer with this) it defaults to two, and i cant really find out how to delete the second human player.
Basically i want to use this, but I can't because I have no friends for hotseat and can't seem to use it in a singleplayer mode.

You learn something new every day. I didn't think it was possible to use this mod with two human players. :lol:

@jbird627: Just start the game like you normally do when playing single player and it should work OK. (You have to have this mod enabled of course.)

Nevermind, I'm an idiot... -___-
Thanks for the quick reply though. :)
Great mod, I got it working fine now.

Top Bottom