The truth about John Kerry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

In Retrospect
I found this on the internet acouple minutes ago, what do you guys think of it?

http://www.geocities.com/misscoors/Truth_about_kerry.html

Here is alittle bit from the site:

John Kerry has used his record in Vietnam as a weapon against that of President Bush, thus opening his own record to scrutiny. Unfortunately, the mainstream media seems to be willing to ignore Kerry’s own testimony, in which he stated that while in command of a Swift Boat (44), he and his crew operated “without prudence” in a "free fire zone," negligently firing at targets of opportunity and racking up a number of enemy kills. His body count included a woman, her baby, a 12 year-old boy, an elderly man and several South Vietnamese soldiers.

"It is one of those terrible things, and I'll never forget, ever, the sight of that child," Kerry later said about the dead baby. "But there was nothing that anybody could have done about it. It was the only instance of that happening."

Kerry further abdicates personal responsibility by saying that the Navy was to blame for a ''free fire zone'' policy in Vietnam which put civilians at such high risk.

This from the same man who testified before congress that U.S. servicemen “had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam.”

Kerry impugns the President for his service, and yet Kerry's own record indicates a lack of moral character that is almost unbelievable.

Kerry experienced his first combat action on Dec. 2, 1968. He received a slight wound to his arm and earned his first Purple Heart. He earned his second Purple Heart after sustaining a minor shrapnel wound to his left thigh on Feb. 20, 1969. He was awarded his third Purple Heart on March 13, 1969, when a mine detonated near his boat, slightly wounding him in the right arm. When asked about the severity of the wounds, Kerry said that "one of them cost him about two days of service, and that the other two did not interrupt his duty."

Upon receiving his third Purple Heart, Kerry asked to be sent home, using an obscure Navy rule which allowed any soldier wounded three times to return to the United States immediately. According to Commodore Charles F. Horne, the commander of the coastal squadron in which Kerry served, Kerry requested reassignment ... "as a personal aide in Boston, New York, or Wash., D.C. area."

Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002
“I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force if necessary to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."

The truth about John Kerry? I guess he's French spy ;)
Or maybe just an ordinary zombie :evil:

There were a lot of civilian deaths in Vietnam, some intentional but most not. This means nothing.

The trouble, Cuivienen, is that in the early 1970s, he said *he* did these things, as well as witnessed others doing them, deliberately. In other words, he is a self-confessed war criminal. And if that weren't enouigh, while he was still a member of the US Navy Reserves, he met with the representatives of North Vietnam in Paris, NOT as part of the Peace Talks delegation, and told them the US did not have the will to fight them; that we would soon pack up and go home. This caused the NV government to dig in its heels at the Peace Talks, and delayed the cease fire by many months. His words and activities were also used by the North Vietnamese as a tool to torture the POWs they had, mentally, emotionally, and even physically. This action on his part is defined as TREASON. He is even featured in the VIetnamese War Museum as a contributor to their victory.

This is why the vast majority of Vietnam Vets shudder at the idea of him becoming President.

Padma said:
The trouble, Cuivienen, is that in the early 1970s, he said *he* did these things, as well as witnessed others doing them, deliberately. In other words, he is a self-confessed war criminal. And if that weren't enouigh, while he was still a member of the US Navy Reserves, he met with the representatives of North Vietnam in Paris, NOT as part of the Peace Talks delegation, and told them the US did not have the will to fight them; that we would soon pack up and go home. This caused the NV government to dig in its heels at the Peace Talks, and delayed the cease fire by many months. His words and activities were also used by the North Vietnamese as a tool to torture the POWs they had, mentally, emotionally, and even physically. This action on his part is defined as TREASON. He is even featured in the VIetnamese War Museum as a contributor to their victory.

This is why the vast majority of Vietnam Vets shudder at the idea of him becoming President.

heh, I sure didn't see that in there. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom