[MOD] More Naval AI

Maybe you should simply make Asylum a prereq building for Lunatics (like Hunting Lodge, Training Yard and so on), to make sure Barbarians never build them if this building isn't in their city (and if it is, well, they have earned the right to let the maniacs out)?

The Asylum is a prereq for Lunatics. Barbarians are set up to only build units, so they get to ignore any and all building requirements. Their units are only limited by tech.

I'll probably just make the Lunatic an OO-specific unit. That makes the most sense to me and I'm not sure why they weren't already.

Do they ignore Religious requirements too? In Civ4UnitInfos.xml you could add RELIGION_OCTOPUS_OVERLORDS to the PrereqReligion tab for the Lunatic. That would make the city require OO before building Lunatics. The Lunatic already requires the Asylum building, which already requires the OO religion in the city, so it should not make a difference to 'legal' Lunatic builds.

I gave this a try and it limits Lunatics to civs following OO as a State Religion.

I took a look at the code and it seemed like this should work, so I gave it a second try and it did! Not sure what I did wrong the first time. Thanks for the suggestion!

Lunatics are nothing. It's when barbs start spawning Shadows where you get a very serious problem. Just how many units with perfect sight are we supposed to have to deal with them?

Lunatics are nothing. It's when barbs start spawning Shadows where you get a very serious problem. Just how many units with perfect sight are we supposed to have to deal with them?

I have found that Beastmasters with Hawks are a good counter measure to Shadows. Also base Hawks in your cities to keep an eye out for otherwise invisible units.

Do you have a save game with this issue? Which version are you using? Shadows are set to require the Esus religion, so I don't see how the barbarians could spawn them.

Do you have a save game with this issue? Which version are you using? Shadows are set to require the Esus religion, so I don't see how the barbarians could spawn them.

Now that I think about it, Barbarians could capture a player city with the Esus religion. Cities currently keep their religions when captured, even by barbarians. Is it different in base FFH?

Now that I think about it, Barbarians could capture a player city with the Esus religion. Cities currently keep their religions when captured, even by barbarians. Is it different in base FFH?

Captured cities keep their religions in base FFH, pretty sure that's the case with barbs as well. I say if the barbs capture an Esus city, and have the tech to build shadows, let them go ahead. Never seen it happen, personally, so maybe it's more of an issue than I think it is?

Ok, now that I think it could have been a masked hippus shadow with whom I was at war.

Edit: nope, it's a barb allright. There are no barb cities on the continent so it must be one of the "fog of war" spawns. Savegame attached.

Attachments

• Faeryl Viconia AD-1013.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
Forgive me for not looking through all the pages, but does this mod fix the dreaded multiplayer OOS?

Ran into this bug which was almost as annoying as hilarious. Once the Doviello summoned the Infernal, the volcano event occured like every turn (sometimes up to 3 times per turn), with the event message being completely broken ("A volcano erupted near the Doviello city of [No Name], fortunately nobody was killed" - seen this message for the Infernal too, I think it should be rewritten - it sounds completely ridiculous when applied to them). Looks like Agares overdid it this time.

Also in my last 2 games the City of a Thousand Slums was not working properly. It did not display the third city ring after creation, but only after I built another building in the city. May have to do with the settings (I almost only play No Settlers / Barbarian World now).

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 133
Forgive me for not looking through all the pages, but does this mod fix the dreaded multiplayer OOS?

No idea. I would love for someone to test it for me!

Once the Doviello summoned the Infernal, the volcano event occured like every turn (sometimes up to 3 times per turn)

OK. I'll tone it down or maybe remove it. I thought it was a neat feature.

Also in my last 2 games the City of a Thousand Slums was not working properly. It did not display the third city ring after creation, but only after I built another building in the city.

I'll check it out. Thanks for the bug reports!

Small update about the City of a Thousand Slums: actually the third ring is not being triggered by adding another building to the city. I've tried some things (creating a unit, growing in population) that didn't work either. I don't actually know what triggers the apparition of the third ring. Maybe building an improvement outside of the 2-rings BFC?

Also I've seen barbarians Zealots and Savants.

Small update about the City of a Thousand Slums: actually the third ring is not being triggered by adding another building to the city.

Creating another building updated the display for me when I tested it. Prior to that, the third ring was available, it just wasn't displayed in the city screen. If you click on one of the 3rd ring tiles within the city screen, it will open up. Not sure why it isn't refreshing immediately.

I killed Losha and later I saw her running around. Yvain was killed twice. The Blood of the Phoenix had not been built yet.

Stephanos and his buddies can attack ships and units with the Water Walking promotion on Ocean tiles adjacent to a shoreline.

When you mouse over a Work Boat, a TXT_KEY is seen. Sometimes when you mouse over the Score Display you will see TXT_KEY(s) and other times you don't.

Still having great time playing the mod.

Also I've seen barbarians Zealots and Savants.

In version 1.4?

I killed Losha and later I saw her running around. Yvain was killed twice. The Blood of the Phoenix had not been built yet.

Losha gets to reincarnate after she feeds. Not sure how Yvain would be resurrected. Do you happen to have a save game from after you kill him the first time?

Stephanos and his buddies can attack ships and units with the Water Walking promotion on Ocean tiles adjacent to a shoreline.

I don't think that's a bug. Stephanos can fly.

When you mouse over a Work Boat, a TXT_KEY is seen. Sometimes when you mouse over the Score Display you will see TXT_KEY(s) and other times you don't.

The boat TXT-KEY issue is on my list. Can you tell me what the other missing TXT_KEYS you saw were?

Still having great time playing the mod.

Excellent!

Yup, version 1.4. Now that I think about it, wouldn't it be possible to block Lunatics and Tier-1 Disciples for Barbarians the same way that, say, Berserkers are blocked for Elves?

@Tholal:

I don't have any saves for Yvain but I will keep an eye out for the issue and send you a file if/when I see it again.

I'll load up screenshots of the TXT_KEYs ASAP.

Bug reports ahoy!

- The AI seems to cancel Hidden Nationality as soon as it is possible. This basically makes Veil of Night useless (though I never saw the AI use it effectively), but more importantly removes the blockade and pillaging abilities of the Privateers. It seems animals cancels their HN too, since those I captured didn't have it.

- Balseraph puppets created by units with Prophecy Mark get Prophecy Mark too. I've seen the AC rise 10 points in a turn - only to drop 10 points at the end of it, but that was enough to trigger Blight. Since the AI summons puppets every turn for some reason, the "AC Increased" sound gets played every turn, which is EXTREMELY annoying. Puppets should definitely be forbidden to acquire Prophecy Mark.

- It seems the Elves prefers beelining Kilmorph rather than FOL now. This probably has to do with Hunting being overpriced for its relative limited use compared to Mining, but they lose one of their greatest assets by doing so. Maybe their religious weights should be altered?

Bug reports ahoy!

Thanks for the reports!

- The AI seems to cancel Hidden Nationality as soon as it is possible. This basically makes Veil of Night useless (though I never saw the AI use it effectively), but more importantly removes the blockade and pillaging abilities of the Privateers. It seems animals cancels their HN too, since those I captured didn't have it.

I discovered that the AI didn't have any code for using or even moving HN units, so I set them up to cancel HN and use their units normally until I get a chance to try and create some code for that. From your bug report, I would guess that barbarian units are removing the promotion also, which should probably not be happening. I'll look into it.

- Balseraph puppets created by units with Prophecy Mark get Prophecy Mark too. I've seen the AC rise 10 points in a turn - only to drop 10 points at the end of it, but that was enough to trigger Blight. Since the AI summons puppets every turn for some reason, the "AC Increased" sound gets played every turn, which is EXTREMELY annoying. Puppets should definitely be forbidden to acquire Prophecy Mark.

Sounds reasonable. I should be able to change that for the next release.

- It seems the Elves prefers beelining Kilmorph rather than FOL now. This probably has to do with Hunting being overpriced for its relative limited use compared to Mining, but they lose one of their greatest assets by doing so. Maybe their religious weights should be altered?

I haven't really noticed RoK being a particular religion beeline for the elves, though all civs will try and hit some early religion, so you're probably right that the high cost of the Hunting tech is resulting in FoL getting pushed back to a second tier religion behind RoK and OO. Civs should still be willing to switch religions if it makes sense for them to do so.

I do have some changes to AI religion selection coming with the next update that will hopefully improve overall AI religion choice.

Top Bottom