For those of you who have not purchased Brave New World...

imasonaz

Chieftain
I had not seen any posts about this or rules against this, so I thought I'd post a quick tip for people to get Brave new world discounted! (£9.99/$15.46 US)

Please see this Reddit post pertaining to it: http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1jydlc/civilizations_v_brave_new_world_9_pounds/

Essentially, Amazon (UK) is selling Steam keys for Brave New World for £9.99. This can be purchased more or less worldwide, and since it is a Steam key, it is platform independent (ignore what Amazon says).

So, here is your link to the Amazon page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Meiers-Civilization-Brave-World-Online/dp/B00E1OB53C/

From there, you can login with any Amazon account (worldwide), but at checkout simply change your billing address to be somewhere in the UK. The reddit link provides a website for creating random UK addresses. From there it takes about 10-30 min for your Steam key to be delivered.

I do apologize to those of you who purchased this DLC at full price, and if this post is at all in the wrong place. I am completely trying to help out my fellow Civ players.

Enjoy.

PS: If your bank is being difficult about you using a address in England, purchase a Amazon.co.uk giftcard for £10, use your normal address, apply it to your account, and then at checkout, it should apply your giftcard to the price, showing a balance of £0.

As long as its not piracy (downloading the game for free without publisher consent) its fine.

Im picking up G&K on the 17th, id like to get the BNW at the same time play the complete game.

Is it 100% guaranteed this will work with my win 8 account? i have avoided steam until civ 5

Great information. To be honest: I'm tempted. Just recently got G+K for 2,50 €, and 9,99 Pounds is not too bad for a brand new title...

can i ask where you got g&k that cheap? i was gonna get it on steam, but its £13.00 to upgrade i think.

No problem: when I klick the "Civ V Gold Edition upgrade" right now it's (still) ten Euros - might be a Germany specific offer.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/25543/?l=german

And in the Steam summer sale on July 12. and 19. it was off 75% => 2,50 Euros - for just a couple of hours. Sheer dump luck I even noticed the hint on time: there's a German Civ page www.civilized.de doing a great job publishing all those budget sales offers.

Im picking up G&K on the 17th, id like to get the BNW at the same time play the complete game.

Is it 100% guaranteed this will work with my win 8 account? i have avoided steam until civ 5

Works 100% with Windows 8 through Steam. Amazon sends you an activation key for the game, you enter it in your library under "Add a game..." and it starts downloading it.

Edit: To be clear, I'm running Civ V on Windows 8 and haven't had any issues. Can even take advantage of the Windows 8 touch screen version :)

Thanks, ill take a look when i get home, i can browse forums at work..but calling up steam would be a push too far lol

I'm in the UK so can't vouch for outside the UK but can confirm it works for windows 7 users in the UK. Just purchased it and activated it.

When you purchase it it gives you a download which doesn't seem to be needed, all you need to do is check the email account connected to your amazon account and it will have confirmation which will include a product code which you just enter into steam by going into the library and down the bottom left is "add game". Click that and choose "activate a product on steam" and just follow what it says.

Top Bottom