Missing something about world's fair?

Althiosk

Chieftain
Playing as Portugal, I enacted the worlds fair and received excited discussions from my neighbors regarding how excited they are for the fair.

I can't find the option to build it anywhere. I saw a screenshot where it was adjacent to wealth\science, but I simply don't see the option to do it.

Any advice?

You probably got the messages when you *proposed* it. It still has to be voted in at the next world congress.

To "donate" to world projects you must assign cities to contribute. The option is in the city screen view with the research and gold options for city production.

You probably got the messages when you *proposed* it. It still has to be voted in at the next world congress.

+1. you'll get a turn countdown to the vote, with 5 turns to go you'll get a reminder of what is being proposed. After that you get to vote. The turn after you will get a notice on the RHS on whether either of the two proposals were passed or not (with a breakdown of the votes). If it passed you can choose it like you would wealth or science. The more cities you use the more hammers you contribute and the quicker you will build it (but obviously at the expense of anything else you'd rather be doing.)

It's the same for the Games and the Space Station.

And you get all three bonuses if you are top contributor, two if you are over 350 hammers. It will also tell you how complete it is do you can judge how much you need to contribute. Watch out on high levels AI really goes for it. In my last game it was completed in four turns (deity)

You can also get progress reports any turn you want by hovering over that production option in the city screen.

I've found you can also kind of get an idea of which AI is going to win or be your main competitor, if you keep your mouse over the project icon on a city's information bar you'll see the %age completion rise as the AI players take their turns.

Generally some AI seem to care more for these than others (probably situational as well) but I've noticed Darius in particular seems to drop everything and go for these hard!

On higher levels, you'll definitely need to assign more than 1 city to producing these, on lower levels you can probably get by with a good capital building it and win.

Here's a good tip, you will probably notice it youselves: on small maps, for the World Fair you need to invest roughly 900 to win, and for Intl. Games around 1400. This is on emperor (so +- for difficulties).

Thanks thegrandwazoo, good info! In my games I have changed nearly all my cities to producing the World's Fair, as I presumed this had to be done to win the race as the biggest contributor. It seems I have been wasting lots of unneccary production. I currently play on Prince, which makes your point even more valid as I should win the race with a couple of good cities targeting said fair.

Why give the AI the option of reaping the benefits of the project? True if you pour all your production into the project its somewhat wasteful but at the same time, if you produce so much of the project that no one else can they will all miss out on the second boost they otherwise would get such as a free social policy

Why give the AI the option of reaping the benefits of the project? True if you pour all your production into the project its somewhat wasteful but at the same time, if you produce so much of the project that no one else can they will all miss out on the second boost they otherwise would get such as a free social policy

I agree. If not going for culture, getting the "silver medal" is probably enough.

Top Bottom