Quick Questions and Answers

Does the monastery give +2 culture for every wine/incense or just +2 culture?

Arey ou talking about Vanilla version, or God and Kings version?

Vanilla - +2 culture from nearby incense and wine, you will only be able to built it if either a single unit of Incense or Wine is nearby and improved by plantation, if the city has no Incense or Wine then you will not be able to build a Monastery.

In god and Kings, Monastery becomes a Belief and you can build it anywhere (with Faith), and it provides like some culture, as well as extra culture for every Wine or Incense in your area.

Arey ou talking about Vanilla version, or God and Kings version?

Vanilla - +2 culture from nearby incense and wine, you will only be able to built it if either a single unit of Incense or Wine is nearby and improved by plantation, if the city has no Incense or Wine then you will not be able to build a Monastery.

In god and Kings, Monastery becomes a Belief and you can build it anywhere (with Faith), and it provides like some culture, as well as extra culture for every Wine or Incense in your area.

Vanilla - to clarify, if city has 2 wine does it give a base 2 + 4 (2 per wine) = 6 culture or just 2 culture? That's what I meant as I originally thought it gave just +2 culture but I read something that could be misleading about monasteries giving more culture the more incense/wine there is.

Just found out for myself.

Monasteries give a base +2 culture plus +2 per wine/incense. No wonder they were jumping up and about when they saw a 6-wine city. :D

Any indication at all that there will one day be a pbem offering in civ5 ?

I can't remember exactly what has been promised for MP, but I *think* this was (but don't quote me on it). In the meantime you should check out this thread, which outlines 'Giant Multiplayer Robot', which essentially functions as a PBEM.

Just found out for myself.

Monasteries give a base +2 culture plus +2 per wine/incense. No wonder they were jumping up and about when they saw a 6-wine city. :D

Is this new? The 'pedia still lists it as +2 culture for wine (any amount) and +2 culture for incense (any amount), plus a base 2 culture for the building, which is how it was last time I played. So a city with 3 wine in its radius would get +2 culture, and a city with 2 wine and 1 incense would get +4 culture, but you can never get more than 6 culture regardless of how many of each resource you have. Of course, they might have changed it and failed to update the 'pedia (again).

Is this new? The 'pedia still lists it as +2 culture for wine (any amount) and +2 culture for incense (any amount), plus a base 2 culture for the building, which is how it was last time I played. So a city with 3 wine in its radius would get +2 culture, and a city with 2 wine and 1 incense would get +4 culture, but you can never get more than 6 culture regardless of how many of each resource you have. Of course, they might have changed it and failed to update the 'pedia (again).

I'll convey this succinctly with an example. In a 6-wine city, a monastery gives +14 culture. FREE +14 culture.

Does a lighthouse provide +1 food for every ocean tile or from every ocean & coastal tile?
If I build a lighthouse in the city, will its cultural borders grow toward ocean & coastal tiles?

Is there any chance that the governor of the puppet city will build a courthouse? I have not seen him doing it in my games.

Does a lighthouse provide +1 food for every ocean tile or from every ocean & coastal tile?
If I build a lighthouse in the city, will its cultural borders grow toward ocean & coastal tiles?

Is there any chance that the governor of the puppet city will build a courthouse? I have not seen him doing it in my games.

Every ocean and coastal tile. I also think it affects lakes too, but not positive. You first have to have a city annexed to build a courthouse, so its not even an option for the governor.

Every ocean and coastal tile. I also think it affects lakes too, but not positive. You first have to have a city annexed to build a courthouse, so its not even an option for the governor.

Courthouses reduce the unhappiness caused only by the Annexed Cities, a city that is a puppet does not have that unhappiness.

Today a CS asked me to put them in contact with another civilization that I am already friend with.
How do I connect them?

Never ran into that before. Can you see the civ on the map? I was playing a team game where I explored one civ and could talk with their team mate, but did not know where they were on the map. Could you be in a similar situation?

Today a CS asked me to put them in contact with another civilization that I am already friend with.
How do I connect them?

I have never seen this either. Do you have a screenshot?

Still don't get how Hiawatha's Great Warpath works. I researched The Wheel and I still don't have trade routes on my forest tiles. What am I missing?

Still don't get how Hiawatha's Great Warpath works. I researched The Wheel and I still don't have trade routes on my forest tiles. What am I missing?

Forest tiles act as roads within your borders so the same rules apply to them. If you want trade routes using forests you have to:
  1. Ensure your cities' borders are contiguous.
  2. Forest tiles stretch uninterrupted between one city and the other. If not you have to plop roads where there are no forests.

Top Bottom