Funny Pictures XXV: Rehosted from somewhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most PC games when I was young came in "episodes", where there were, say, 8 episodes in a game, and each episode would cost a certain amount to purchase. E.g. Doom, Quake. So that picture isn't too far off what PC games were like 15-20 years ago.

Actually back then the Shareware concept was pretty popular, so you were actually playing a "demo" of the game. If you liked the demo, you bought the actual game which unlocked the actual game (the other levels). With the Shareware, the demo tended to be pretty generous (usually at least an hour of gameplay, or unlimited gameplay with several features disabled).

Demos are another thing which is somewhat rare these days.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Though it wasn't always so binary that you played a demo then had to purchase the entire game; sometimes you played a demo (episode 1) then purchased episode 2, then 3 and then 4 separately. Or the magazine came with a different episode each month or something.

But yeah, the way things are now with DLC is basically the same as the way things were when I was a kid, playing shareware games on my PC. It's telling that all of the games in that image are console games, where the shareware model was economically impossible due to the cost of making a game cartridge. I mean, they could have literally just used screenshots from Doom, Quake, Commander Keen, Wolfenstein, etc etc, which were released around the same time as most of those games.

And there are loads of demos on Steam or Xbox Live :p

10 posts and no funny... I guess I have to do everything around here!:mischief:

Doing that to a room is soo much better! With a car, they just blow off after you clear the windows and drive it. If you do it to someone's office, bedroom, etc. they have to pull it all off themselves.

And everyone says that only Fox makes mistakes. :lol:

I am missing something....

"on almost every planet" fortunately, Pluto is no longer affected! Also, does anyone else see a face in the window? :eekdance:

"on almost every planet" fortunately, Pluto is no longer affected!
ah thanks
also, does anyone else see a face in the window? :eekdance:
Yes, that was the first thing I saw... but I figured that wasn't what the pic was about due to NickyJ's post.

We already travel faster than the speed of light, when we close our eyes and sleep, the next time light reaches our eyes we'll have already moved thousands of kilometers in space.

:D

We already travel faster than the speed of light, when we close our eyes and sleep, the next time light reaches our eyes we'll have already moved thousands of kilometers in space.

mind = blown

Unless space is the thing that's moving...

Never get your relatives to explain the theory of relativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom