IOT Game Information

Birdjaguar

Hanafubuki
Super Moderator
Supporter
Game moderators from the IOT forum are welcome to post information about their games and answer questions In this thread. You may use it to advertise games that need players and get NESers to try out IOT games.

If you do not like IOT games and do not want anything to do with them, do not post here; do not spam this thread with your unhelpful remarks. Thanks.

I approve of this exchange program. I've been meaning to try out an IOT before, but never got around to it.

It's not that bad. There's not much room left, though, so if you are going to join, join quickly! Also, I recommend NOT starting in North 'Merica. The United Northern States of America would be...angry with such a decision ;)

Reading up on the rules right now. They seem... rather complex. :p

They're not too bad, once you get used to them the game is a blast.

I mean, the first iteration lasted 6 months and was incredibly fun.

What is IOT and how does it differ from NES ?

IOT is basically Risk, in a thread. Often more complicated, but that's the basic idea.

EDIT:
Not to imply they're simply war. Most model some kind of trade, higher-end ones will often handle religion, population, and colonies.

IOTs are like NESes, but usually less complicated and equally as uniformed (which is to say, they aren't).

What is IOT and how does it differ from NES ?

I've never played a NES, but from what I hear, there are extremely similar (it's not RISK, RISK is too simple). The only differences are that IOT's are more player and mechanics focused, while NES's are GM and story oriented.

Then again I've never NESed so I may be way off.

It's not that bad. There's not much room left, though, so if you are going to join, join quickly! Also, I recommend NOT starting in North 'Merica. The United Northern States of America would be...angry with such a decision ;)
Sounds like a challenge. :D

I've never played a NES, but from what I hear, there are extremely similar (it's not RISK, RISK is too simple). The only differences are that IOT's are more player and mechanics focused, while NES's are GM and story oriented.

NESes are pretty diverse, some NESes are very boardgamey, while others are pretty much stats-free collaborative story-writing projects.

I mean, the first iteration lasted 6 months and was incredibly fun.
Thanks for that. I am still proud of that game because of its duration, that I was able to maintain.

Well NESes run the gamut from storyist games to more mechanical games, like you IOTers are used to.

An example of a highly mechanical game (albeit one that's full-up on players) is the unreleased SysNES 2, with a body of rules and stats so involved that it really does have a sense of defying convention.

We run boardgames and more arbitrary games and everything. Many of the different types of IOTs fit into what we've identified as subset categories of NESing.

In a nutshell: I fully support the cross-pollination movement. :goodjob:

Top Bottom