Ages' Beginnings - An Arrow/Immaculate Reboot

Thank you sir, I had wrongly assumed I was in Silverman's Area

Ok, as far as I can tell I'm missing orders from Everblack (though I have a story I can work with), Shadowbound, Bair and Popcornlord.

Nope.

What he did was make a globe of the map. Impressive, but flawed because what you see is not the entire globe, thereby making the globe smaller than it should be.

Still, nice job. Update in a couple hours, if all goes well.

Update 0 -- Auronas Stirs

The North

In the cold expanses far north of Copperhead, the events of the previous months were slow to have effect. The lords in their icy castles upon the whole chose to wait and see, rather than act quickly and decisively. That is not to say, of course, that no action was taken--indeed, the north saw two lords declare themselves king. In the snowy plains and forests around the Sami river, the recently crowned Queen Raya and her consort rule their newly independent Kingdom of Zakijaya. Immediately to the south, King Erwin, undoubtedly inspired by their northern neighbors, has proclaimed his holding on the north shore of Terrin bay to be independent as well, and has also laid plans for two new fortresses, bulwarks in the east and west.

Farther north, the Rallusians called a grand council, summoning all northern lords to theurcourt. However, the roads are dangerous and the northern lords still cautious, and only the Bangor Holds, the Salt Kingdom and the Rasks attend. While the Rasks use it as a show of power, their king attending in person and bringing a delegation of warriors with him, the Bangor Holds and the Salt Kingdom both send a lone envoy accompanied by few guards. Talks stall after none are able to agree on future plans, and the council is forced to hastily adjourn after the Bangorian delegate is found in bed with a young second cousin of King Amaros.

Fishermen and merchants in the Salt Kingdom, the Langro Islands and the Bangor Holds all complained of piracy, and many fingers were pointed, but in the end no single culprit was discovered and the attacks were attributed to simple opportunism. Meanwhile, several minstrels in the kingdoms of Chairt and Rallus went missing, their bodies found later washed up on shore, apparently having been drowned after being abducted from the road.

The Middle-Lands

In the Middle-lands, the lands between, little occurred as well. One man, Deargwin II of Arthendal, declared himself independent and thusly inspired defensive measures in his fellows. The rulers of both Lango and Aelrich summoned a small portion of their banners to their capital, to discourage attempts on their land, and the Langroans moreover gathered their fleet lest any try to reach the island.

Later in the year, the king of Tareen followed Deargwin’s suit and proclaimed himself king of Tareen, declaring himself independent. With two of the lords closest the capital independent and kings now themselves, all hope seemed lost for a quick recovery from the assassination, and all agreed the Arots--if indeed they were at fault--had accomplished their goals well.

The South

In the south, more occurred. The Storm Islanders, realizing their past fault in becoming over-reliant on Copperhead for their metal, scrambled to find a replacement now that trade was all but shut down. Some in the outer islands, especially on Far Island, took to raiding the coast, performing lightning attacks on Tareenan and Tridian coasts and retreating before forces could be mobilized. The raids were few and far between, but Tareenan lords reacted with outrage and urged their king to retaliate, or at the least protect them.

Meanwhile, the United Republics of Tridia engaged in naval actions of their own, sending ships to secure immensely lopsided Dresuli trade pacts while the Lord Vis still reeled from the event in Copperhead. Similarly, the lords in Bogatstvo made it clear that they had swords and steeds to sell, and many minor lords in nearby Arlen, Malair and Ciaden bought their wares.

In Copperhead, the situation continued to deteriorate. The spread of rumors that the Arots were not actually responsible and merely a scapegoat hastened when the guardsmen who initially accused the cult was found dead with a crossbow bolt in his stomach. Increasing paranoia led to a flurry of accusations, worsening the already present strife in the city. The Langoans had left a small detachment of lords in the city, to observe and watch, and before the year was out they had been taken prisoner by three different factions in the city as power plays and struggles for influence turned desperate, and many peasants fled into the surrounding countryside. Simultaneously, an old feud between two major lords, would-be kings themselves, turned to bloodshed in the countryside surrounding the city, and hundreds died in the fighting. The commoners are calling the conflict between the two houses--Arden and Hart--the Twilight War, as the sigils of the two houses are that of the sun and moon, respectively. As the year closed, the city was in tatters and the men and women in it powerless to stop the fall.

If you weren’t mentioned, it’s because you did nothing worthy of noting. In general, if you called a council of vassals they all pledged loyalty and urged caution. Any questions are welcome, and let me know if I made a mistake. Future updates will hopefully be longer, because more will be happening.

My next goal is to get the OP updated, which is something I have been neglecting for too long.

A few notes:
-We will now be accepting UU submissions. However, not everyone will get one even if they apply and we strongly recommend that if your idea is just mediocre you don’t send it in, because it saves everybody time.
-I will not be tracking family trees. If you feel your family ties give a valid casus belli, in your DOW or orders outline exactly how. It is up to you to track your own family and the opportunities it gives you, because it is not intrinsic to the mechanics.
-Everyone is doing a great job! Keep the stories coming. I’m happy to report we got about 15 order sets, which is a lot more than I expected
-Immaculate has informed me that you can expect stats by Friday or Saturday. The due date for orders will be announced at the same time the stats are released.

Finally, sorry for the triple post.

I do not know if it's the right time to start with diplomacy, but here goes.

To: Lord of the Storm Islands
From: Donan Ellarion, the fourth of his name, King of Tareen

I demand that you control your vassals and put an end to the raids. And in order to do my duty as protector of my vassals, I ask you to bring in chains to me the leader of the attacks. Remembering that all this is to ensure a peaceful coexistence between our subjects, because it is well known that these times are dark enough.

If my demands are not met, I fear that I will have to act.

To: The Lords of the Salt Kingdom and Bangor Holds

My esteemed lords, in these troubled times stability and order are paramount to our respective realms and this threat of piracy must be wiped out before it inspires others. I suggest we work together to show these pirates what happens to those who steal for us and ours.

To: the Foolish Kidnappers:

I do suggest you release my vassals now, as you will win no favor or influence from me by holding them. If a ransom be demanded so be it, so long as it is with in reason, however failure to set my vassals free will bring my wrath upon you.

To: King Ellarion

May prosperity flow from the sea into your coffers for all time, and may your wife bear you many strong children to hold your name.

There are no attacks by my vassals, but rather independent ship captains conducting raids as has been the tradition for Islanders since the Egg itself was laid. Rest assured, esteemed friend, that I have sent a notice to all of the vassals of House Massoul, and have received personal reassurances from each and all, that our neighbors are respected trading partners and that we wish to do nothing to damage the relationship that weaves our families together.

Islanders and Kishlahi are both a proud people, and the Orchid has thorns.

King Abhinav The White Orchid, Lord of Kishlah, Protector of the Storm Islands, and Warden of the Egg.

To: Kingdom of Rallus

I propose that we should cooperate in a way to decipher the deaths of our minstrels and prevent any more needless deaths.

To: King Diomenes of Aelrich

For time immemorial tales have been told of the great city of Quernin. Our ancestors sent great trading expeditions from their hallowed and brought back wealth beyond measure, regaling their children of the stories of walls taller than the tallest tree, of towers that touched the very sky. To them, Quernin was the greatest city on earth, equated to the Golden City of the Pheonix brought to earth. The first Parul, itself a great city carved from the cliffs of Kish, was but a pale imitation of the center of the world. The Second Parul, from which I rule the Storm Islands, was built with Quernin as it's model, with great flowered expanses and stone towers, even as the cliffs were carved into homes.

My Daughter Anakhet has just celebrated her Sixth Dreamyear, An age where any proper father begins to think of good matches, and I can think of none better than your Son Dominique, tales of whose honor and strength are told throughout Auronas. What Say you, Friend?

King Abhinav The White Orchid, Lord of Kishlah, Protector of the Storm Islands, and Warden of the Egg.

To: King Abhinav of the Stormlands

Thank you for your kind words and for your offer of kinship. The strength of the man of the South is well-renowned in our lands. Legends speak of the Men of Leng, for they have descended from your proud race, as having the strength of two men each and the martial skills of five. I will like nothing more than to be related to such a people.

Please send her portraiture by sea, for the lands are no longer safe with all these would-be-kings running about. Perhaps we shall see each other soon.

King Diomenes of Aelrich.

OOC : A query regarding Vassals :
Is vassal loyalty like CK, where vassals can often betray you or like EU where they ll catch a ship from Novogrod to fight the Mamlukes ?

OOC : A query regarding Vassals :
Is vassal loyalty like CK, where vassals can often betray you or like EU where they ll catch a ship from Novogrod to fight the Mamlukes ?

In 90% of cases, it will be something in between. Your vassals are obviously motivated by their own causes but in many cases they may share those causes with their lord. On the other hand, vassals can and will fight for independence if they feel that they are able and that it would further their house's interest.

Top Bottom