Term II - Commune of Foreign Affairs

croxis

Chat room op
We must spread the word of free love!

Intelligance

Batrachos (BAT)
Leader - Huyana Capac (Inca) - (Aggressive and Financial)

Contact - dgciv4 AT civfr DOT com

Previous Reputation
BAT is a French Civ site. In round one of the CivIII ISDG, they were chosen over GWT by the big dogs in the game to take to round two. GWT complained that BAT was a bad ally. If we meet them early on, an alliance seems possible.

Current Reputation
They are very willing to be cooperative at this point. Current plans are to exchange Alpha with IW with us working on the lower tech tree.

Additional Notes
BAT upto 3000 BC
Scout (free from hut)
2 Quechua (1 free at start)
Workboat

Evolution Games (EVG)
Leader - Mansa Musa (Mali) - (Spiritual and Financial)

Previous Reputation
EVG is the site where the UN is hosted at. They have a small team, including Strider, a common CFCer, and MRex who was our contact in the CivIII MSDG. I forgot the team, but we had a very successful alliance. I imagine them being completely honorable allies should we form an alliance with them. Strider also angers easy.

Current Reputation
In contact with COG

Civilization Brazil (CBR)
Leader - Montezuma (Aggressive and Spiritual)

Known Member List
None at this time

Previous Reputation
CBR is the treacherous Brazilian team. Guilty of having a president spy on CFC's team. Strong amount of caution is urged when interacting with them.

Current Reputation
Right now they are stand offish to COG.

Additional notes
Due to projected map locations it may be possible that they are in cahoots with GCA.

German Webring Team (GWT)
Leader - Qin (China) - (Industrious and Financial)

Previous Reputation
Winners of the Multi-Site Demogame (MSDG - The PTW ISDG), and are quite excellent players, at least with Civ III. They also keep their word. Another excellent candidate for an ally.

Additional Notes
GWT upto 2720 BC
4 warriors (1 free at start)
Worker

Civilized Online Gaming Community (COG)
Leader
Frederick (Germany)

Previous Reputation
New to ISDG - No Reputation

Current Reputation
Recent turn of events show they are willing to peruse alliance.

Additional Notes
I suggest investigating a "perminent" BAT-CFC-COG alliance after assessing how well they play. They are about ready to build their second city.
Warrior
3 Scout (free at start)
Archer
Settler

Gamecatcher Alliance (GCA)
Yellow Destiny
Leader - Kublai Khan (Mongolia) - (Aggressive and Creative)

Current Member List
None at this time

Previous Repuation
Invade early in both CivIII MSDG and ISDG. They'd love to humiliate either ACS, CDZ, CFC, or CGN, and ACS, CDZ, and CGN aren't in their game. If we start near them, their aggressive, gambling nature guarantees an attack, which means we'll need a military.

Current Reputation
After inital contact there have been no further communication.

Additional Notes
I suggest preparation for defensive and offensive action with this team.
3 Scout (1 free at start)
Warrior (free from hut)
Worker

Summery
The last three teams move on to the finals, which means we need two good allies. At this time an alliance with BAT is most likely. COG can be another candidate but we should keep our eyes on them. GCA is very worrisome at the moment. I would like intel on the location of their cities. Actually, I would like intel on the location of all their cities and possible offensive and defensive actions.

Relationship Chart
Outdated at the moment.

GWT has been spotted. Sending email!

Hello and good tidings! After a lonely travel our warrior is happy to finally see another person! We hope your journey has been fruitful. We look forward to further contact with your decorated team and a prosperous future for both of us. Please feel free to contact me with this email address or at croxis@gmail.com

croxis
Foreign Minister

Great! Although we need to update BAT. Perhaps after we discover agriculture, we can throw together a little note presenting the two.

Response from BAT

Hi !

It’s Nice to have some news. For our part, after fighting with lions, we try to have more friendly relation with animals… we are searching for animal husbandry, on the way to alphabet, but it will still take some time.

The scout Lud is now next to the copper, we have now some discussions between going to the east, and after south or directly south (but I think we would be very quickly at your frontier, so please inform us for the best way to COG, I think we need too much time to have writing). By the way did you contact COG ?

Abukhir from the BAT

It late and I can't remember what our last message was to them. Should we go to border violation or is there another way to go about getting COG and BAT to meet? I'm going to hold off telling BAT about GWT for maybe a turn or two to wait a response.

croxis said:
Should we go to border violation or is there another way to go about getting COG and BAT to meet?

I think having BAT declare war just so they can cross our border would be an exploit as it produces an illogical result, if that's what you were referring to. Now BAT has to rely on us as the trade middleman, and we can pretend that we wish we could do something about it.

Also there is no need to be in such a hurry to form a three way alliance. BAT may be a good to trade with but they are weak and we don't know where they are. Other teams may be located more conveniently but simply sent scouts down the wrong path and so we contacted them latter.

GWT responds to our call for free love!

Greetings to Croxis, ambassador of Thunderfall!

After his long journey, our warrior Polly is also very glad to meet a delegate of a foreign kingdom in this treacherous and dangerous maze.

Our King Siegfried, the peaceful and victorious, almost almighty Master and ruler of all land that belongs to our nation wants to tell your King that he is most pleased to make this acquaintance. He wishes to express his hopes that our relationship may be peaceful and profitable for both our nations.

King Siegfried wants to know if your ruler is interested in exchanging information that might be of mutual interest.

Maybe we can also warn each other about barbarians and wild animals.

Feel free to contact me at bratscher@gmx-topmail.de. Please send all mails also to my co-ambassador JeWnS at dekoderism@gmx.de.

Best greetings,

Bratscher, ambassador of the Nibelungen (GWT)

And I'm in Europe too.
Their English is remarkably better than that of the French team, but that doesn't surprise me.

Yes, English is classed as a Germanic language - I suppose the Saxons and even the Scandinavians (another Germanic) would've provided that influence.

wiki

Language family: Indo-European
Germanic
West Germanic
Anglo-Frisian
Anglic
English

French is Indo-European
Italic

English is a West Germanic language which developed from Old English, the language of the Anglo-Saxons. English, having its major roots in Germanic languages, derives most of its grammar from Old English. As a result of the Norman Conquest and other events in English history, it has been heavily influenced in terms of vocabulary by French and Italian.

Approximately 40% of English vocabulary is of French or Oïl language origin, most derived from, or transmitted via, the Anglo-Norman spoken by the upper classes in England for several hundred years after the Norman Conquest.

English grammar is Germanic, while the vocabulary is Italic (French).

Top Bottom