"Shadow" schedule

hahahaha, I am loving this. :)

While you guys are sitting there bleary eyed and gulping gallons of coffee it is just 1pm here in Thailand.:goodjob:

7:20 pm here in New Zealand. Just got home from work as well. Weeeee! Sunday shifts!

Just great... we are expecting a snowstorm any minute now.... I hope this download gets done before I lose my line....

Why no bittorrent? I mean, civfanatics.com obviously has a pretty fat pipe if the download speed I'm getting is any indication... but wouldn't bittorrent just make it easier on them? Especially given the way that thousands of people show up to get these releases all at once -- exactly the traffic pattern that bittorrent excels at handling.

Whatever... thanks for getting this release out early! Y'all rock. I haven't played a vanilla game of Civilization 4 since the day I discovered the Age of Ice mod. Truly a masterpiece, and it isn't even finished yet!

i know, i know im being greedy ... but any idea on eta for the media pack?

If old patterns are any indication the Media PAck (and I imagine the first patch) will probably be up within 24 hours.

If old patterns are any indication the Media PAck (and I imagine the first patch) will probably be up within 24 hours.

thank you, thank you!!! ... now if i can just convince you to give me the amurite design brief ... lol ...

I just started my first game and I haven't even ended turn 1 yet and I've already popped two techs. I think this is the luckiest mod ever ;-;

I minute to go.... I have said my goodbyes to my wife, she has assured me that food will be made and left at the door, and she has invited the dog to sleep with her... since I will be sleeping in my computer chair between turns.

I wanna thank you deeply Kael. My winter vacation just started (college) so I have two full weeks all to myself! You Rock.

all your networks are on drugs :/ I have been downloading this for 40 mins and I'm on 50%...

BtW, a special thank you to everyone who is staying up late tonight to download the mod. I think I spent 14 hours playtesting and working on it today (and many of the team members were on posting feedback and reporting issues) and its nice to know that you folks are as passionate about it as the team and I are. You guys are great.

Also remember that its not only "Shadows" release day, but its also the 2 year anniversery of FfH's very first version. It was at the time just a little side project that I thought I would use to teach myself a programming and tweak a few things I wanted to change in Civ. I never would have guessed it would have grown into a mod that was featured in several magazines, won contests, got included in an expansion, and allowed me to meet such great folks in the fan community, on the team and at Firaxis. Its been amazing, and every new version just seems to get that much better.
Congrats Kael and team on reaching yet another milestone on an epic journey! Your imagination, enthusiasm, and commitment have given rise to greatness. Real honest to goodness greatness. Thank you so much for sharing this world of Erebus with us. I have no words to accurately and completely convey my appreciation and respect towards the FfH Team. Brilliant work guys!

82% and about five minutes remaining.. Whohoo!

Kael, thanks for uploading it just now. I love being at GMT+1, this way I have all sunday of playing and at least I got some sleep. Otherwise I would probably end with no sleep at all.
Good luck for the other side of the big pond...

45% in 30 min. Time to stockpille some food and drinks :)

Congrats for the best game I have ever played! I love Civ4, but FFH2 is so much better. I have even conviced my girlfriend to play it on LAN and she likes it too :)

only 38% here, and I'm crying inside trying to decide what to play first. I LOVE the sprawling cadrith but the Sidar sound soooo nice. I could do unrestricted, but I want to help in finding bugs and balance issues and don't want to complicate things.

Anyone looking to play some ffh2 030 multiplayer can hop on the new network FFH3 pw ffh new games starting for the rest of the night, 9pm est mon-thurs, and all night fri/sat/sun (6pm-6am)

using hamachi to conceal our ips for safety

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp?lang=en

click the big orange download button, download tutorial and accessing the network FFH3 take all of about 4 minutes total so no excuses, just do it, now, quickly

One word: w00t! :)

Thank you so much FFH team!!!

Download finishing in 8 mins, going to make my self a cup of coffee in the meantime :)

Max

anyone have any idea where game flood download manager puts the download (first time using it)

Top Bottom