News: TSG 116 Announcement

I'm a disabled vet. I haven't been able to work for years.

You're most welcome.

Anyway, back on topic. I've started 2 more practice games using continents this time, but I'm still running into problems having enough cash for the universities. I've been using the 3 city Tradition approach, or at least trying to when I don't get swamped by barbs.

I haven't finished any of the practice games. I've only taken them a little past the Oxford Radio Rush.

Three deer and 2 pearl is hardly lack of food. Grainery will add 5 food immediately. Light house 2 more and 2 hammers. Its not a perfect start but it has promise.

I see two deer. In my opinion, pearl are not food engine. The lack come from I see no river. I hope to find one on right over hills.

Anyway, on Pangea, it could be an poor-average start. On continents, I think it's a dead trap.

You may consider CB rushing the neighbors and pick their city locations, surely they should be better

Hello everyone,

I cant believe I havent found this sooner in my Civ playing years! Well I've found it now and I am very interested to get into these challenges! I dont have all the DLC as I didnt see spending 5$ on 1 civ to be really worth it. But if I need it for these challenges, I will purchase them. Just need Wonders of the Ancients DLC. Little mad at myself for forgetting the DLC was on sale last week. >.<

I havent beaten Emperor+ difficulty yet, but I keep trying. I get a good wind in my sail and then I stagnate myself. I have lots to learn and am sure these challenges will help push me. Better late than never.

*clicks download*

Welcome. It is a great day when you discover the forums and Game of the months. I used to think I was a good player in civ 4 when I started the competitions. Then I got smoked by the masters here. I learned so much the first 3 months....
Much much better now, but as tommynt says 'deity is the new emperor'! Good luck and enjoy!

Gonna try this map.

Mainly because I wonder how this game will be different from deity games which I usually play.

Top Bottom