Crappy startmenu

jeanpuetz

Chieftain
I've got brand new C3C today and I wanted the latest patch, but after installation start menu looks really crappy and the buttons don't have the funktion they pretend (specially the two last ones :D )... (picture)
Without the patch, game worked fine, but I haven't played with 1.0 and it surely have lots of things fixed with the patches...

Also the box titles in the preference-menu are displaced...

THX for your help

Attachments

• conquests_error.jpg
    conquests_error.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 162
Did you install the correct language version?

I guess chieftess is right, I had exactly the same buttons when I upgraded Ptw with the wrong language version.

btw, your name really cracks me up :) did you comb your moustache today?

@SanPellegrino: In truth I have no beard! :D

@Chieftess: I have the US version of Civ3 and PTW and bought C3C at amazon.co.uk, because I wanted to prevent compability problems, but the first time I patched with the all-language-version it was half German and half Englisch :(
After un-installing and re-installing all of my civ3s, I loaded US/UK-version of p1.15 from this site and there was this mistake. I un-installed and re-installed again and the same problem occured.

10 minutes ago I tried just for fun to re-patch with p1.12 and look, the error disappeared and still says 1.15 in the corner down left.

I don't know why, but my problem is solved! :D

But thx for your quick reply! :D

Top Bottom