Civ4 Beyond the Sword Patch v3.17 is out

I'm having similar issues and I have BUG installed. Just to make things clearer and to request help for this problem. It doesn't really do too much to annoy me but it happens on the BUG espionage screen as well so we need a spokesman from BUG to come and advise!

Are you saying you see some "TXT_KEY_FOO" things on the espionage screen?

The missing option keys (TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_BLAHBLAH) are a probloem with 3.17 -- not BUG. They were removed from the new version of the file Assets/XML/Text/CIV4GameText_Objects_BTS.xml, probably by accident.

Edit: I started a thread in the BUG forum for any updates.

Also seems like the game caches a bit more information? I don't recall these files listed in the cache before:
Code:
CIV4BonusInfos.dat
CIV4BuildingInfos.dat

Looks like they're caching the XML as it appears after being loaded into memory. This should speed up the reading of the info-based XML files slightly.

I'm having a problem with the patch that I hope someone here can help me with. I can download the patch just fine, but it has problems with the Install Shield. I have Civ 4 on my removable harddrive, not my C drive, and the Install Shield Wizard tells me that no version of Civ 4 can be found. I suppose that it is looking for it on my C drive, but it never gives me an option to select a drive. Is there a way around this?

People should choose the best ;)

I just thought of another unbalancing caused by No Espionage. While some leaders are strong wonder builders and some are strong warmongers, some leaders were programed to focus on espionage. What are those leaders to do now? While I'm sure they'll find *something* to do, those leaders with very high or intensive Espionage Levels are now weaker.

I just thought of another unbalancing caused by No Espionage. While some leaders are strong wonder builders and some are strong warmongers, some leaders were programed to focus on espionage. What are those leaders to do now? While I'm sure they'll find *something* to do, those leaders with very high or intensive Espionage Levels are now weaker.

What leader was meant to focus on espionage? O.o

Some leaders were programed to focus on espionage.

Yeah, what happens to leaders with the Paranoid trait?

Paranoid
  • +25% :espionage: in all cities
  • -3 attitude toward all non-Paranoid leaders
  • Double production speed of Jail, Intelligence Agency, Security Bureau

How did you uninstall BUG?

I didn't uninstall it, I just unloaded it, on the main menu where it says unlaod mod. I guess You might want to change your .ini file if you don't want it loading all the time (if indeed you have it set to load automaticaly already)

People should choose the best ;)

:lol:

Fair enough. I should had made a account in the Greek forum for a long time ;) ( not that I do not lurk it for a long time... just lazyness )

I don't understand all the hating on Espionage. Although it could be improved, I think it's far better than no espionage at all. Can someone post a rant and clue me in?

Thanks.

Just downloaded via in-game Advanced/Check for Updates...
Took about 15 minutes over my DSL line. Didn't see any text bugs,
loaded an old game (ver. 3.13) without problems, although I didn't play any to see if anything developed.

Thanks Nish. I guess my biggest complaint is that it's hard to find destroyed improvements, and then find the closest worker. I wish there was a feature to cycle through workers, INCLUDING the ones that are asleep. Otherwise, I feel that it's just more incentive to keep up with espionage spending.

Could someone explain what the *actual* Global Warming changes are?

Did they alter the game-ruining aspects of it? Because people seem to be jumping for joy over changes to GW, but I can't see anything except "we added pollution effects".

It seems like it will still leave deserts all over the place.

Of course, since forests reduce it, "plant forest" would be nice.

Thanks Nish. I guess my biggest complaint is that it's hard to find destroyed improvements, and then find the closest worker. I wish there was a feature to cycle through workers, INCLUDING the ones that are asleep. Otherwise, I feel that it's just more incentive to keep up with espionage spending.
You get a log message that the improvement was destroed.
Open up your EventLog, and click on the message.
The map will center on where that event took place.

Could someone explain what the *actual* Global Warming changes are?

Did they alter the game-ruining aspects of it? Because people seem to be jumping for joy over changes to GW, but I can't see anything except "we added pollution effects".

It seems like it will still leave deserts all over the place.

Of course, since forests reduce it, "plant forest" would be nice.
GW does not turn grassland and plains in desert anymore.....

Yeah, what happens to leaders with the Paranoid trait?
Paranoid
  • +25% :espionage: in all cities
  • -3 attitude toward all non-Paranoid leaders
  • Double production speed of Jail, Intelligence Agency, Security Bureau

Paranoid trait? How can they have -3 towards non-paranoid leaders? I'd figure a Paranoid leader would assume everybody else is paranoid, too... :p

Top Bottom