Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

Ok, first off I have only version 1.02 with the broken workers and I did not know about this problem until today when I was reading this forum although I after playing a single game this problem became apparent, so now I am trying to find a download point for 1.03 or 1.04 but all the posts with the links are broken (404 stuff) and I am unable to get to the main website. So like the guy above me I am looking for a nonbroken link for the updates perhaps in a new thread. :cry:

Also, I imported the 1.02 rules into a blank map and created my own world but for some reason after I get everything ready and I start playing in the map a computer will self destruct:nuke: for no apparent reason. What I mean by this is that as soon as a computer loses a single city it abandons all its other cities except for its capital and disbands all its troops. :confused:

This self destruct happens for little to no reason and is extremely weird, I don't know if this is a know bug with the 1.02 version or its because I created my own world with RaR rules, but a prospering nation loses its smallest city and kills itself. Like I said before, when I am in game this is very disturbing to watch.:eek:

I think you are playing a version of the game that causes complete loss after one city is captured. I think it is the "elimination" victory condition.

Tony

I have performed baby edits on the .biq before. Had to do that to enable 915 turns for the extended game.

I have identified here workers are detailed in the .biq

But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to change the speed of the workers...

Any help will be appreciated.

Tony

Hi All,

I still can't find the RAR's 1.03, 1.04 pre-beta, and 1.04_04beta_extendo patchs --- all links shown in thread 2134 are broken now. :(

Could anybody share them with me? GREAT THANKS!!!

btw: what does 1.04_04beta_extendo work for...??

For you worker problem go to civ edit and go to the units within the rules screen. then go to the workers and change their worker strength (its right below the attack/defense area. 100 is the basic for workers (I think) and you can do the math for the upgrades.

It seems as though Isak has taken the Civ III section of his website offline, which is a shame because as far as I know, it was the only place where 1.03 and 1.04 were available. It would be helpful to the community if someone could upload 1.04 or the updates by themselves to another server. I know at SOC, we're trying, but having difficulty in doing so.

Isak had been monitoring this thread and replied to posts before. I had sent a private message to Isak asking about hosting issues but not received a response yet.

I wonder if there is any other place that the updates could be hosted? Anyone have ideas?

Okay, MarineCorps has added Rise and Rule to Storm Over Civilization, including both patches. Thanks a lot to MC and Blue Lion, who found the patches on his computer.

You can get it here.

Okay, MarineCorps has added Rise and Rule to Storm Over Civilization, including both patches. Thanks a lot to MC and Blue Lion, who found the patches on his computer.

You can get it here.

The thanks goes to JSnider, who mailed me the RaR 1.03 and 1.04 Beta patches :clap:

and it´s a good thing, how the civers of Civ 3 worked together, that these patches of one of the most famous mods of Civ 3 are available again to the Civ 3 community. :)

Actually, there's no need to preserve 1.03. The 1.04pre Beta is the last quasi-official evolution step to RaR (it just got never released formally), and includes anything included in 1.03.
And IMHO, it fixes all issues with former releases, save some graphics/sounds (which I admittedly didn't care about), and the lack of an extended version.

Uff, now I won't see that hounted "Hello Doc Tsiolkovski, it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks" for a couple of weeks again :lol:.

Actually, there's no need to preserve 1.03. The 1.04pre Beta is the last quasi-official evolution step to RaR (it just got never released formally), and includes anything included in 1.03.
And IMHO, it fixes all issues with former releases, save some graphics/sounds (which I admittedly didn't care about), and the lack of an extended version.

Uff, now I won't see that hounted "Hello Doc Tsiolkovski, it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks" for a couple of weeks again :lol:.

Hello Doc Tsiolkovski, it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. :D This reply gives me the opportunity to say you -even some weeks after the release of this mod-, a big thank you to you and to all other members of the RaR-team for giving us such a great mod. :)

i have tried to research on this thread, but giving up after page 1-5 and 100-109. I have installed RnR full 1.02 (116 Mb), the extras patch (22mb with only the Medieval Japan on the CivPtW/extras folder), and 1.03.

When I start the game, I saw barricade, build barricade, etc... but when I actually get into the game, I saw no different in the tech, or the units...

Was there something I did wrong? Please help me, whatever everyone describe about RnR just sounded so good, and I do not like the new Civ IV (too slow on my comp)...

Thanks guys, I appreciate any help.

What do you mean with "I saw no different in the tech, or the units..."?
Difference to the normal civ3c?
You have to start RaR out of the content-menu.

Hes talking about how the main menu's text is all messed up, saying barricade and build barricade instead of new game or civ-content. Do you have counquets 1.22 installed?

Oh, and welcome to CFC. [party]

Check out this pic. This is the main menu when the text is messed up.

Attachments

• Main Menu.zip
    416.8 KB · Views: 113
Great thanks to PaGe, Red Door, Civinator, Doc Tsiolkovski and other guys~ :)

Thanks RaR-team --- I love this game! :D

Top Bottom