Civ Of The Week

Another nice one. But I wonder how you came up with the idea to use the Marjoz unit as a button for your Huscarl. :D You didn't fool me, since the Marjoz will be the UU of my upcoming Sweboz civ:p

But a nice job anyway, I like it:goodjob:

well, i prefer to do civilizations that people haven't made up yet. you can find a Brazil civ here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=138755

i'm also sure that CivArmy made some more Brazilian tribal civs. Brazil also features on CivGold, one of the most prestegious massive civ add-on mods (about fifty+ civs in the latest version): http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=165969

first: i'm a civarmy's fan, but my game is more... atualizated for his creations.
second: i know that there's a lot (not a looot, but some) civilizations that are brazilian tribes, but there's a LOT (SO MUCH) indian tribes here, and anyways I really like your works, this is why I was asking... :( but all right, I will check CivGold ;)

ive been doing research on Danzig/Gdansk for you

a good leader would be Świętopełk II of Pomerania, a famous prince of the region. traits would be ?/Cha. He had a lot of allies.

no word on a UU yet. sorry.

A UB could be the torture house (im not joking. there's a famous one on the "Royal Road". Check wikipedia if you dont believe me.)

Jail, but with +1 happiness

^sounds interesting. even so, its going to take a while before we get to Danzig. :cry: anyhow, i've been a bit slacking off lately, and my computer beens all funny here and there, so i think give it maybe a few more days or a week to the next civ.

^sounds interesting. even so, its going to take a while before we get to Danzig. :cry: anyhow, i've been a bit slacking off lately, and my computer beens all funny here and there, so i think give it maybe a few more days or a week to the next civ.

yeah, i was wondering where my civ of the week was.

maybe you should make it civ of a random timeframe.

I love the idea of an Anglo-Saxon civ. One thing, however . . . the leaderhead seems quite off. His facial features do not appear remotely European.

@everyone: I have uploaded the Khitan after a long wait. I was a bit lazy. :) but they're here, and i must say the Khitan are so far one of my more favorite. enjoy! (and please report any bugs!)

next "week" will be the Mughals.

But I wonder how you came up with the idea to use the Marjoz unit as a button for your Huscarl. :D

i found the unit on the EB site, and thought, well, Huscarls were guys with axes, and they looked barbaric and were European, so why not. :)

I love the idea of an Anglo-Saxon civ. One thing, however . . . the leaderhead seems quite off. His facial features do not appear remotely European.

really? he is based on Brennus...

May I suggest the Vandals with Geiseric as a leader.

the Vandals are on my list. however, they are pretty far down... they are probably somewhere around thirtieth or fourtieth on the list. but they'll be in. hopefully.

Will you be making any of these civs plug and playable?

BtS will support plug and playable mods as a base function. (built into the game engine)

If you are interested I have a How To Guide on how to convert civs into a Plug and play mod PM me

Your making the Mughals? And Akbar's gonna be a leader? Awesome!

What's the other leader gonna be, Shah Jahan, Jahangir or Aurangzeb? Aurangzeb would be a good contrast to Akbar (one was tolerant, the other a zealot).

our making the Mughals? And Akbar's gonna be a leader? Awesome!

What's the other leader gonna be, Shah Jahan, Jahangir or Aurangzeb? Aurangzeb would be a good contrast to Akbar (one was tolerant, the other a zealot).

i was going to do Shah Jahan, planningo n making Akbar kinda an expansionist philosophical king, and Shah Jahan more a creative and industrial guy.

Your making the Mughals? And Akbar's gonna be a leader? Awesome!

i second the awesome.

PREVIEW OF NEXT WEEK'S CIV

Next week's civ: The Mughal

Spoiler :

Preview of the next civ, the Mughals. Here is a screenie of one of their leaders, Akbar, in the Nif viewer.

View attachment 155359

Whoa, so that's how the SDK looks? I've never seen it, they don't make one for the mac...:cry: ...But I'm getting windows in three days...:D

^no, its called a Nifviewer. :) its where you view Nif art files.

I would give Akbar the Spiritual trait, myself. Spiritual/Organized or Spiritual/Expansive, maybe

EDIT: I also noticed that Mao Zedong appears as TXT_KEY_LEADER_CHINESE_LEADER (his code, as opposed to his name, 'Mao Zedong') in all of your screenshots.

Could you post a link to one? I can't find one anywhere. :crazyeye:

link to download the nifviewer... erm... i'm not sure where you can get one... well, you can search the Tutorials section here, and look in any thread that has to do with making leaderheads or units, and perhaps there will be a link to it. sorry if i can't help muchj. :)

Isn't Craftsman's Quarters overpowered? It gives +50% production, I assume from your notes, while +35%/+40% would be balanced, I think (another Forge replacement, Mint, gives +10% gold and +25% production). Heavy Bombard is also overpowered (15str city attacker with Gunpowder?). Your Khitan civ's UU and UB look overpowered too. I think your Vietnamese Warrior should have Woodsman I too, not only Woodsman II (looks odd).

^hmm.

well, i never bought warlords, so i don't have as good an idea of what would be balanced or not... but i'll take your words into account and make my next civs less powered. thanks for the advice.

sadly, now that i have BtS, unless there is a decent sized demand for my older civs, i won't be redoing any of my older civs (the only exception being Vietnam :) ).

Just some suggestions about this, You may want to rework your akbar model to use Mehmed II's body and turban, but peter's face, here'swhat akbar is portrayed as:

http://www.s9.com/images/portraits/436_Akbar.jpg

Also, on the UU, perhaps a cavalry replacer or a musketman replacer, the mughals had very superior gunsmithing that helped lead to their rise.

keep up the great work! loving your "civ of the week" series! :D

Top Bottom