FfH2 0.33 Changelog

The main reason it was removed was performance issues, which transcend the unit and are all about the mechanic.

I was thinking more the graphic than the actual power.

Don't forget, it is possible to take cities peacefully, though of course much harder. Still, even as the Elohim, try playing a whole game without war being declared on you, even if you have the best of intentions towards the ai.

Don't forget, it is possible to take cities peacefully, though of course much harder. Still, even as the Elohim, try playing a whole game without war being declared on you, even if you have the best of intentions towards the ai.

The Ai nevers declares war on me as the Elohim. They just ask me to run their country for them. They even play trumpets, its nice. Then I just send over my delgates to meet in their cities and everyone is happy.

Well, maybe my playstyle isn't conductive to role-playing the Elohim. When the ai asks me for something, I tell them to sod off.

Your sarcasm meter needs checking. ;)

Lol, nikis, i'm surprised, you're usually the one telling people that they missed sarcasm!

Anyways, looks all-around good to me, I've always hated that most world improvements didn't do anything. I'm happy with the Balseraph changes, I tried playing them today, never used the stupid gypsy's once, lol.

I would like to suggest an art change though, I just saw The Dark Knight and think that you should change Perpantach's leaderhead to be Heath Ledger.

What about Lamias?

Gypsy Wagon graphic for Balseraph settlers could be great.

If you add creative mapscript as new Erebus map, you should add one or two city for Kuriotates. In creative mapscript you have much more lands.

And what with Kuriotates AI? they are allways building their cities as near as they could :/ Maybe add some new mechanic - one huge city for 1-4 settlements, so with (for example) 3 settlements you could build the second city, with 6 you can build another... so if you want 6 huge cities - great, but you must have also 15 settlements. Or the second city 2 setl, another 2+3 setl, another 2+3+4... And it should stop the AI from build their Huge citys too near.

*snip*

And what with Kuriotates AI? they are allways building their cities as near as they could :/ Maybe add some new mechanic - one huge city for 1-4 settlements, so with (for example) 3 settlements you could build the second city, with 6 you can build another... so if you want 6 huge cities - great, but you must have also 15 settlements. Or the second city 2 setl, another 2+3 setl, another 2+3+4... And it should stop the AI from build their Huge citys too near.

I like that idea. I heartily endores this product and/or service.

Yes, but that would encourage the Kuriotates to settler spam in the early game just to get more production, thus weakening their early military. I don't know if it's possible, but maybe just hardcode it for the kuriotates not to build cities with-in X amount of squares of another.

18. Added the Create Puppet spell (available to all Balseraph adepts/mages/archmages).
19. Added the Puppet unit (puppets have the casting ability of their caster, model by seZereth, idea by loki).

So I'm surprised no one has asked about this yet. How does this work? Does the puppet act as a permanent summon? If so, is it tied to the caster or just the number of casters?
If it is a regular summon, does that mean Keelyn (sp?) can have 3 puppets per caster (summoning trait) at a time?
Can balseraph Liches create puppets?
If a puppet and a mage are on the same tile, which does an assassin target first? (Mmm, respawnable assassin fodder, finally)
Anything else you care to explain would be appreciated too, this sounds like it could be a really cool mechanic.

So I'm surprised no one has asked about this yet. How does this work? Does the puppet act as a permanent summon? If so, is it tied to the caster or just the number of casters?
If it is a regular summon, does that mean Keelyn (sp?) can have 3 puppets per caster (summoning trait) at a time?
Can balseraph Liches create puppets?
If a puppet and a mage are on the same tile, which does an assassin target first? (Mmm, respawnable assassin fodder, finally)
Anything else you care to explain would be appreciated too, this sounds like it could be a really cool mechanic.

It is an amazing feature, but it doesnt sound as sexy as it is in play. Puppets are not permanent summons, so Keelyn does get to keep 3 per caster. We really wanted to highlight Keelyns summoning trait with puppet's, we just couldnt figure out how until loki came up with this idea.

Puppets serve a few functions. They can go into dangerous areas to cast spells that the caster wants to stay back from (they can move and cast on the same turn). Keelyn gets 3 spells from each puppet over the 3 turns. And they can be used in place of the caster for spellcasting to avoid the negative effects (Balseraph casters never lose Mind 3 to the Domination spell).

Why were dragonships cut? We can assume they'll be re-added as galley unique art (where they come from in the first place) so thats not a problem, but what will you do to counter triremes w/o bronze working now?

Naval in this games is pretty dry already, so much that I advocate the addition of V 05X "Water" to the design stages. (don't take this too seriously)

Currently it seems that you pay maintenance costs for summons. I seem to remember that this was not the way it was in past versions (memory's a bit fuzzy). It seems like this should be a benefit of a summon: no maintenance. But for a 'Summoning' leader, this extra maintenance can be hard to track. Is there any plan to set all summons to zero maintenance? Or even just non-permanent summons (non-skeleton).

There was a bug fix I'd been hoping to see, unless I missed it in your first post. A few of us reported in the Bug Thread for version 2.032 that when you build a wonder giving you a particular building in every city, your cities don't always benefit from all the effects of that building.

Two examples from games I've played:

1) I built the Tower of Eyes, giving me a Dungeon in each city. The Dungeons and their effects showed up in the city screens. When I got the event about Veil and Order worshipers rioting, however, the option to throw them in the Dungeon was grayed out, so the computer didn't understand that that city had a Dungeon, and the city in question didn't benefit from all of the Dungeon's effects.

2) I'd built the Nexus in another game, gaining Obsidian Gates in every city. During a war, one of my cities had its land routes to the rest of my territory cut off. The Obsidian Gate appeared in the city screen, and I was still able to airlift units there, but the only resources that showed up in its city screen were resources connected to it by land, rather than resources throughout my empire. So again, not all of the Obsidian Gate's intended effects were there.

I'm sure this isn't your intent for these types of wonders, right? (Maybe it is, but I'd be surprised.) I think Xienwolf posted a fix for this in a different thread (Xienwolf, a little help? Please?), so I was hoping this would get fixed for version 0.33. Thanks.

Those are bad, but with the Circle of Gealen this is defistating, because only cities that built a mage guild get the guild.

@DarkSaber

I've never gotten the Circle of Gaelan, so I didn't know about that one. I was just reporting the problems I'd experienced in my own games.

There was a bug fix I'd been hoping to see, unless I missed it in your first post. A few of us reported in the Bug Thread for version 2.032 that when you build a wonder giving you a particular building in every city, your cities don't always benefit from all the effects of that building.

Two examples from games I've played:

1) I built the Tower of Eyes, giving me a Dungeon in each city. The Dungeons and their effects showed up in the city screens. When I got the event about Veil and Order worshipers rioting, however, the option to throw them in the Dungeon was grayed out, so the computer didn't understand that that city had a Dungeon, and the city in question didn't benefit from all of the Dungeon's effects.

2) I'd built the Nexus in another game, gaining Obsidian Gates in every city. During a war, one of my cities had its land routes to the rest of my territory cut off. The Obsidian Gate appeared in the city screen, and I was still able to airlift units there, but the only resources that showed up in its city screen were resources connected to it by land, rather than resources throughout my empire. So again, not all of the Obsidian Gate's intended effects were there.

I'm sure this isn't your intent for these types of wonders, right? (Maybe it is, but I'd be surprised.) I think Xienwolf posted a fix for this in a different thread (Xienwolf, a little help? Please?), so I was hoping this would get fixed for version 0.33. Thanks.

The only thing I ever posted a fix on was allowing the Circle of Gaelan to spread to cities which had a Mage Guild via Catacomb LIbralus instead of actually building it themselves. The small catch was that the Guild was checking for NumRealBuildings (you built it) instead of NumBuildings (you have it by any means).

While the fix should be about the same for most of the other cases mentioned, there isn't quite an guarantee that it will be. And most likely the fix for the alternatively reported Basium issue is completely unrelated.

So the Elohim, how do you beat a human using them?

prevent that human from keeping a conquered city for prolonged periods of time (could be a problem with their worldspell though). One or 2 UU's trained can be managable, it's the long run that's worrying.

Top Bottom