Quick Questions and Answers

In my game (BNW) nukes didn't destroy the air units stored in the city targeted. Isn't all units in the city supposed to be annihilated?

^^Nuke misses, yes. Atom Bombs, no. If the city has a bomb shelter, then you might need a couple nuclear missiles to kill every unit garrisoned in the city.

In my game (BNW) nukes didn't destroy the air units stored in the city targeted. Isn't all units in the city supposed to be annihilated?

Also, remember that the "number of air units" indicator above the city often does not update. Assuming you have line of sight to the city, hover over the city to get the real unit list.

2 questions

I was playing 11 x2 man teams on a giant earth map, i declare war and about to conquer a city, my AI ally declares peace, is there somehow i can disasble that?

2. How far range does a great general have?

Not for a game you have already started. Don't play with the AI as a team-mate -- they make truly awful decisions (like this one). No benefit and just irritation.

Great Generals have a two-tile range (value set in GlobalDefines.xml).

Hi everyone! Couple questions:
1. If I will demand tribute from city-state, and then conquer it right away, what would be reaction of other city-states? :) Or what would be the reaction of CS if I just conquer it without taking tribute?
2. Is it possible to "let go" conquered city-state? If it's puppet, and if it was annexed?
3. Does lighthouse increase yield of the lake?
Thanks!

I don't think other city states will care that you demanded tribute.
The normal city state conquering penalties should apply. Large war mongering penalty with major civs, closer to not getting any gold when meeting new city states, closer to permanent war status with city states.

If you conquer or trade for a city that used to be a city state, you get the chance to liberate it.
If you puppet or annex it, you lose that chance.

In the last expansion the lighthouse does not increase the yield of lakes anymore. (garbage tiles now)

The normal city state conquering penalties should apply. Large war mongering penalty with major civs, closer to not getting any gold when meeting new city states, closer to permanent war status with city states.
Thanks! I'm kinda aware of warmonger status, but I thought it could change your relationships with AI controlled civs only, not the CSs.
So, capturing CS could result in
1. closer to not getting any gold when meeting new city states
2. closer to permanent war status with city states. (will they declare war on me? or they will just refuse to sign peace after I declare war?)
That's it? Any other penalties?

No other penalties that I know of.
After directly declaring several wars against city states, most of the ones near you will start a permanent war (they declare war).

Thank you!
One more question about playing Venice. Let's say I send cargo ship to CS (for gold). And then, before trade route expires, I buy this CS with Merchant of Venice. Will this trade route stay (for gold), or trade route will be canceled and I'll be able to use this cargo ship for food/production?

What the formula for golden age lenght (for using great artists)? In one of my games I'm in my first golden age (got it naturally), and first great artist is born. If I use it, it will add only 6 turns to ongoing golden age. If I use it after golden age ends, I will get 8 turns golden age? Quick speed

@mrddt, Great Artist golden ages are marginally shorter than 'natural' ones. You neither lose or gain by extending a GAge with a GArtist.

One more question about open borders. Does both Civs must have Civil Service discovered, or just one of them is enough? Thanks!

Quick question on religious pressure. Does it require any contact between the leaders of the cities involved (or even the owner of the religion)? Or could, for example, a religion spread across an ocean before the leaders have met?

Thanks in advance.

You can do the same thing for impassable mountain ranges. I've had games where I "converted" half the world without knowing with a religion with printing press on that map that has tons of mountains.

One more question about open borders. Does both Civs must have Civil Service discovered, or just one of them is enough? Thanks!

Only one civ needs to have discovered civil service for open borders. This is a little different from embassies, in which both parties need to have writing for a complete exchange.

Top Bottom