Warhammer and Civ 5: What are the plans?

No offense, darkedone, but did YOU sweat for this mod? I did hours of work several months ago, while I was at engineering school. I remember still the lines of code for the units. P_L and many of the others have done tons more work than me.

If you want a new WH mod, you can learn how to do this stuff and do it.

I say stick with Civ 4. If nothing else, it'll feel good when you get a completed project out there.

so, still something going on behind the scenes or is this mod dying on us?

I haven't heard anything from PL in a while. There's still some hope we might get things together, but I wouldn't put any money on it. Civ5 is creeping up rather quickly....

Sorry, wish I had better news.

hope this mod gets finished. sounds like you are almost there! People like me who don't have Internet or super-computers can't play Civ V anyway...I'm sure there's people who still play Civ III

Wish I could help with coding but I know nothing - can help with texture art/ possibly modelling but you need the coding sorted first ..

I would say that the mod is on indefinite hiatus. Unless PL gets enthused, we're probably not going to make more progress. Sorry.

I'm only an ex (collateral) team member, but I can answer your question :

Basically, everything has to be done, the actual version is pre-alpha, 'cause it was restarted from scratch. The code is probably still full of bugs. So you'd need to be competent in XML, Python and eventually some other languages I don't remember the names right now. Oh, and some talent at tweaking graphics, creating 2D and 3D art could be handy too.

If you really want to have an idea of the work, start by wading into the existing version code /graphic files.

Top Bottom