Warhammer Heart of Chaos - Download and Current Changelog

About to install the patch. Just wanted to check:

Should this:

actually read

Delete the Art folder in your "Beyond the Sword\Mods\Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.04\Assets folder?

ahhh yes, thanks for picking up on that. fixed.

installed mod, sound, then patch. Getting a popup saying gfc failed to intialise the primary control theme. Running under win 7.

Anyone know how to solve this? Cant even start the mod.

Are you updated to BTS 3.19 (before installing mods)?

Do other mods run ok?

IIRC Windows 7 has created problems for a lot of people.

installed mod, sound, then patch. Getting a popup saying gfc failed to intialise the primary control theme. Running under win 7.

Anyone know how to solve this? Cant even start the mod.

There is a typo in Resource\Civ4.thm

Code:
include			"Mods/Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.03/Resource/Themes/Civ4/Civ4Theme.thm";
sholud be
Code:
include			"Mods/Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.04/Resource/Themes/Civ4/Civ4Theme.thm";

That error was indeed there. Fixed it but now getting other errors. A new popup

Tag:era_in Info class was incorrect. Current XML file is xml\Technologies/Civ4techinfos.xml - the error occurs 4 times. Then i get another popup much the same but referencing xml\civilizations/civ4leaderheadinfos.xml 172 times. Then the mod launches, but looks odd to me. I go through about 12 screens of selecting the map type 1 feauture at a time, then the civ. finally the actual mod does launch and Im in game.

I tried the dark elves. The units all look like humans - not sure if this is meant or not, wasnt in the 1.5 version. The tech windows when they appear have only the text visible, not the background.

yes Im on 3.19 an yes other mods such as ffh2 work. mod folder is default name.

Tag:era_in Info class was incorrect. Current XML file is xml\Technologies/Civ4techinfos.xml - the error occurs 4 times.

Very odd, I thought we fixed this. Which patches did you install? I wonder if we left some of the fixes of patch a out of patch b, and its working fine for us because we installed both?
I tried the dark elves. The units all look like humans - not sure if this is meant or not, wasnt in the 1.5 version. The tech windows when they appear have only the text visible, not the background.

Yes, we are still rebuilding the mod, we haven't got much of the proper art in place yet. We're focusing on stability and features for now, then will work on art. The current build is a pre-alpha.

I installled only patch B. Will reinstall and try with a first.

Ok did a reinstall, this time installing patch a first

so

1. main install
2. sound
3. add patch a (no longer on main page but found it in the thread)
4. delete art folder etc
5. install b

This time it worked. Did not need to edit anything either. So it does look like patch a is needed still.

was able to play till turn 243. At which point the game froze during the turn after developing monster taming. Not sure if that had anything to do with it though as it was not immediately after researching the tech but during the turn immediately after.

Can you replicate it by playing forward from an auto-save? If so, can you please post a save just before the crash?
Its difficult to diagnose otherwise.

Could easily be missing art issues with some units built in the late-game.

Also, please use the Bug Thread for reporting bugs and crashes. Thanks!

Any general thoughts on the mod thus far? Obviously its still missing a ton of stuff, but overall feedback is still useful.

actually I suspect the crash happened because I didnt apply the fix to the beyond the sword executable to make it x64 compatible. I did with warlords to play total realism. And for some reason FFh2 never seems to have problems even on huge maps but some mods do. Anyway I'll do that and see if i still get crashes.

Feedback so far is simply that it does work. I did use to play 1.5 and liked it, so I am looking forwards to this version too :)

The quantity of villages i encountered was very high. I dont know if that is intended or not, but certainly encourages you to explore out near the begginging to grab as many as possible. barbarians were not as nasty as in last version. However this is all based of one brief game so hard to know if this was fluke or usual.

Feedback so far is simply that it does work.

Thanks. Honestly, I guess thats about all we can really judge at this stage, too much of the game still isn't there.

The quantity of villages i encountered was very high.

Some of this I think is that some of the other created lair-type features also count as villages for the moment, and I think some were replaced by villages. Eventually these should change into FFH-style explorable dungeons.

As for barbs, the actual barbarian spawn is higher than in the last version (we may need to tone it down), but we haven't readded the Uprising events (though we will) which is where a lot of the barbs came from.

Thanks for trying it out, we look forward to more feedback once we actually get mroe features implemented.

Next upload will be a new full download i think
That sounds good, if you do a full version & rename your Fall Further directory to test that should ensure all the fixes are in there. Theres no rush to upload though, to cut down on load hassle it should be fine to wait to release a more major update with plenty of content & fixes in. When I was uploading my Colonization mod it was an excruciating pain in the #^& :mad:.. I finally found that using the megaupload manager I could just start the upload and leave to go do other stuff which was a huge relief.

The single art fpk from the last upload is still big at >800MB, there's probably lots of FF stuff that can eventually be cut (eg their Art/Units/civs subfolders are huge). If you want I think it's actually fine to keep adding some art references for stuff as you go, that shouldnt take more time than adding placeholders; potentially could directly copy some artref XML blocks from FF to save a lot of time (eg copy the block of Svartalfar artref xml then use those tags for Druchii, the same with Khazad to Dwarf, etc.)

Rlaf are you around and do you think you could crank out a quick civ or two of units for the next upload?

I'd *really* like to get the full Leaderhead into the next version, if Alzara is able to get his program extended.

There are also ~30 outstanding bugs in the bug thread.

So no rush.

But an 0.05 or 0.041 does sound like a good idea.

I'd *really* like to get the full Leaderhead into the next version, if Alzara is able to get his program extended.

i would too. unfortunately i haven't heard from Al in a week or more

There are also ~30 outstanding bugs in the bug thread.

ive actually whittled down a lot of these bugs already :) i need to go through the thread and fish out which ones i havent fixed.

potentially could directly copy some artref XML blocks from FF to save a lot of time (eg copy the block of Svartalfar artref xml then use those tags for Druchii, the same with Khazad to Dwarf, etc.)

For artrefs, remember that we had some pretty good art for human factions, greenskins, chaos tribes and elves in the old version of the mod. So its probably better to draw from the old Dark elves file than from Svaltar.

ive actually whittled down a lot of these bugs already

Great! I just wanted to say, I'm really impressed at the progress you're making, I'm excited as we closer to having a real version up and running.

Orlanth;
Some pythony things that would be really good if you could consider ironing out, while PL is bug-crunching and getting religion and magic working and RLAF is xml coding.
1. Wartats, iron/steel weapons, meteoric iron mechanics.
2. Eternal Army mechanic (immortality with only a probability of procing.)
3. Tomb King curse of nagash mechanic (or is that pure xml?)
4. Chaos dwarf temple of hashut effect (copy-paste + tweak from Illian temple?)
5. Senior captain promotion effect.

Many more I'm sure.

Great! I just wanted to say, I'm really impressed at the progress you're making, I'm excited as we closer to having a real version up and running.

thanks :) its ironic that i get the most modding done in my first weeks back at uni haha. im having a slight break from xml by concentrating more on art stuff at the moment (im working on better dragon art and a coatl for the amazons, im also trying to learn to rip art from other games)

Obviously you need to work on what inspires you and what is fun to mod. But on the art front, hooking up existing art from the old mod or other sources to the units we have probably has a higher impact than designing or tweaking new art models.

Do you have all the old mod art files somewhere?

Top Bottom