Jaguar Warrior: Would this be balanced?

I don't think that's too much. If anything, not enough for being 50% more expensive. I'd rather have 3 regular veteran 4-HP Jaggies than 2 modded veteran 5-HP ones.

50% more expensive but 25% stronger. Sounds good and it is realistic too since the Jags could hold their own against overwhelming opposition.

Well, it already costs 15 shields, and that isn't going away, so for those of you who think that 1.1.2 for 15 sheilds is to weak, then this is good.

I could surely make them fairer but i can't see how it's realistic. Why should jags be tougher than normal warriors?

From civilopedia:

The most feared predator of their Mexican empire, the Aztecs embraced the wild jaguar as a totem for their warrior
elite. These soldiers were ferocious fighters, often emerging victorious even when badly outnumbered.

I see what you mean. I'm not an expert in aztec history. But if that is true why isn't it their attack that is increased making them 2.1.1 cost 15. That would be a cool attacker

Jaguar Warriors should have the enslave ability, since most Mexica (Aztec to you non-mexicans) Wars focused on capturing enemy soldiers for sacrifice to Huchilopoztili. Also an an additional hp would reflect the fierceness of the elite Jaguar Warrios.

Anyone know what the effect of this extra hit point would be percentage-wise against spearmen. This might actually make jags more useful past the first 25 turns. Anything would help. You can throw 10 jags up against 2 fortified spearmen and lose(annoying).

i agree with the enslave, it should be there.

btw, them jags were fierce but were rarely outnumbered in battles...and when outnumbered, it was fear that helped them overcome odds, fear of the tales of the rare survivers of battles with them..[if that made any sence :) ]

To me (on my monarch skill level) Jags were balance at 1.1.3 costing 10. Now they are not that great. Then again, I am not as skilled as many on this list.

3 movement points is too much I think.
+1HP is much better.
Example:
Warrior vs. spearmen
normal Warrior Jag now Jag +1HP
18% 17% 27% Win
82% 52% 51% Loss
0% 31% 22% Retreat

So the +1HP makes the Jag really stronger compared to the normal warrior but not too strong (remember the exploration bonus)

Top Bottom