Civilization V: Gold Edition coming soon

The first time I logged into Steam today it showed an upgrade available for those who already had Civ V and G&K. When I tried to buy it the transaction would not go through and now the expansion offer has disappeared. Was the offer a mistake? Does anyone know?

Huh... Ancient Wonders DLC added to this bundle later. Now it is gold)

If you own Civ 5, you can buy Civilization V: Gold edition Upgrade for 10€. I don't know if there is an upgrade for G&K.

If you own Civ 5, you can buy Civilization V: Gold edition Upgrade for 10€. I don't know if there is an upgrade for G&K.

Where do you see this upgrade to gold for 10€?? I don't see it anywhere. If it's real, GameFly has Civ V Vanilla on sale for $7.49 - 20% off Coupon Code "GFDFEB20" = $5.99

WAY better deal than $49.99 on Steam for the whole thing.

The 10€ upgrade seems too good to be true...

Where do you see this upgrade to gold for 10€?? I don't see it anywhere. If it's real, GameFly has Civ V Vanilla on sale for $7.49 - 20% off Coupon Code "GFDFEB20" = $5.99

WAY better deal than $49.99 on Steam for the whole thing.

The 10€ upgrade seems too good to be true...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/

For some reason is it not possible to link directly to the upgrade-version, but the package is found in the link. I can confirm that it includes G&K + all DLCs.

Attachments

• upgrade.png
    upgrade.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 233
How one can conclude from this news that a second expansion is coming? As some of you suggested in earlier posts in this thread.

How one can conclude from this news that a second expansion is coming? As some of you suggested in earlier posts in this thread.

I would suggest that they have done the "Gold Edition" to get everybody up to a base level ready for the "One World" Expansion.

I have no actual knowledge of this, but it seems to be a good idea to rationalise all the existing editions into one, then apply the expansion. (maybe the expansion will need you to have all the DLC ?)

I would suggest that they have done the "Gold Edition" to get everybody up to a base level ready for the "One World" Expansion.

I have no actual knowledge of this, but it seems to be a good idea to rationalise all the existing editions into one, then apply the expansion. (maybe the expansion will need you to have all the DLC ?)
Indeed, that's what I think as well.

For 10 euros in Europe, this was a steal! I just bought an upgrade to my laptop. Were it not for this thread, I hadn't known that there even was a gold edition upgrade - part advertising on 2K's part in Steam, I guess.

As for the 2nd expansion looming round the corner: I'm so excited that I could die! :)
Let's hope One World means interesting trade, better diplomacy, ameliorated end gameplay, new late wonders and phenomena (perhaps environmental issues), corporations and random events.

Would be great if they put the Korea + Wonders of Ancient World DLC on offer for those of us with Civ 5 GOTY + G&K too. :)

Just bought it in the UK store for £10 — must be the first time I don't feel being ripped off compared to the US store :)

Top Bottom